Ceiling Speaker change out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling Speaker change out

Has anyone changed out the ceiling speakers to get more sound or better sound. Thinking about adding a simple 4 channel amp and replacing the speaker in and out. if anyone has pictures of what they did that would be great. This is not for TV sound. So not looking for sound bar ideas.

This has been done here, do a little search and you may find the thread.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I replaced the ceiling speakers in my travel trailer with JBL MS-6520 6 1/2" round speakers. They were the exact same size as the original speakers, so the job was super quick. The original factory speakers were about as cheap as they come (one-way paper cones). I was happy with the upgrade.

Even with the upgraded speakers, I get much better bass out of my JBL Charge 5 bluetooth speaker as compared to the upgraded ceiling speaker. If I wanted the factory system to be better, I would install a subwoofer behind the TV. (There's plenty of room there). However, since my JBL Charge 5 works great, and time is always at a premium, no subwoofer install for me.Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Speakers.PNG
Views:	685
Size:	956.1 KB
ID:	87604
      Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
      2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
      2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        This has been done here, do a little search and you may find the thread.

Brian
        please post a link. I have looked

Comment

Originally posted by theboss17 View Post

please post a link. I have looked
          Here is the thread I was thinking about, Upgrade Stereo/Speakers? - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Changing out the ceiling speakers will not help much. The head units in RVs are typically putting out very few Watts (mine puts out 1.5 Watts per channel). They do this so that your stereo doesn't drain your battery. You can- 1. install a new head unit that has more power (but will, in fact, drain your battery), 2. Install an in-line amplifier that can be turned on or off for when you are connected to shore power, or 3. Remove the RCA cables from the back of your head unit that run to your TV and replace them with some RCA cables that have a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other end. Run that cable to behind your TV and leave some slack. Then use that slack to hook up to a portable speaker. I use a JBL Xtreme bluetooth speaker because it has a 3.5 mm input and it sounds pretty good. Now I don't use my ceiling speakers at all- when I play a DVD in my head unit- the audio goes to my JBL portable speaker through that cord I installed.

Comment

Working...
            X