Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with Dimmer Switch Selection along with detailed installation instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Dimmer Switch Selection along with detailed installation instructions

I would like to install a toggle dimmer switch for the living room ceiling puck lights (2018/295RL 150 Series Reflection). Currently the lighting is operated by a on off rocker switch behind the panel and I would like to have a switch like this one in the picture on the wall. Attached is the current wiring for the trailer's lighting which only has two wires.
    Attached Files

I plan on replacing the switch for the lights over the table with one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...OE3FVDYM&psc=1

Luckily there is already a dimmer there (touch type and hate it) so the wiring should be there.

For the one you posted, what are the wires? White, red, and black? There should be a ground (negative) wire from the light to the frame, if you pull the current switch it is most likely they spilt the wire going to the light and installed the switch. Just need to figure out which one of those is the ground (negative).
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

The best LED “dimmers” are PWM (pulse width modulated) devices. For these to work you need to isolate both the +ve and -ve to just the lights. If they are grounded elsewhere and just the +ve wires come to the switch, this won’t work.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The dimmer I installed is similar.
        https://www.amazon.com/Toggle-Style-.../dp/B08F2Y1NR1

Here are pictures of the wires connected to the original switch and how I connected the new switch to the existing wires. I had to remove the insulation from the hole since the new switch was larger on the backside.

(I had to post this so that I could see if the pictures were visible. Looks like you click on the picture then you can right click on it and save it to your own computer so you can REALLY see which wires are going where.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5622.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	87670

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5625.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	87669
        Attached Files
        Pat and Karen
        2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Working...
        X