2022 Reflection 31MB, shore power isn't charging battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Reflection 31MB, shore power isn't charging battery

I've made sure the battery switch is on. The solar power is charging the battery but it takes a long time to do so. I'm not sure what to do here and we leave in 2 days for our first camping trip. The refrigerator won't run if the battery isn't charged enough. Newbie camper and have almost no experience, fairly handy with this sort of thing but stumped.

Sam Gaddis Welcome to the forum! Sounds like an issue with the converter. When you are connected to shore power do your 120V items work? Microwave, AC, wall outlets etc? If so then check your rigs breaker panel and see if the breaker for the converter is tripped (or any of them for that matter). If it is not, then the main reverse polarity fuses on the converter could be blown. They will be on the back of the converter, which on your trailer I believe is behind the false wall in your pass through storage compartment. If the battery leads were accidentally hooked up backwards at one point these fuses blow immediately to protect everything else.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

you’re the man Neil, thank you! So, at some point during the day today I wiggled a bunch of wires and turned off and then back on some breakers and voila, the battery started charging. The only problem is that it started charging really slowly. Like it was at 20% around 12 noon and now its after 8 and its only at 36% now. Its been hooked up to 50 amp power all day. I’m curious if thats normal, it also has a solar panel. Thanks again gor the great advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Gaddis View Post
        you’re the man Neil, thank you! So, at some point during the day today I wiggled a bunch of wires and turned off and then back on some breakers and voila, the battery started charging. The only problem is that it started charging really slowly. Like it was at 20% around 12 noon and now its after 8 and its only at 36% now. Its been hooked up to 50 amp power all day. I’m curious if thats normal, it also has a solar panel. Thanks again gor the great advice!
        I would not say that sounds normal, but it depends on how big or how many batteries you have (they are not included by Grand Design, its up to the dealer and all do it differently). Assuming you have one of the new Furrion shunts they are equipping, it should show how much current is going into the batteries, if they are that low, the converter should be putting out at least 40 amps. If its a negative number then you are not charging at all and I would bet the charge that you got from 20 to 36 was just from your solar.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Sam Gaddis Also if you have the Furrion shunt, check out this thread and its links. It is likely your dealer did not set the shunt up properly, so your monitor may not know the size of your battery bank.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...charging-maybe

Neil Citro

Comment

Really appreciate your help, this definitely wasn’t set up from the dealer. Also, I found that my ground wire wasn’t properly attached to my battery. All this to say now it is charging but its still charging really slow, even slower than it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Gaddis View Post
              Really appreciate your help, this definitely wasn’t set up from the dealer. Also, I found that my ground wire wasn’t properly attached to my battery. All this to say now it is charging but its still charging really slow, even slower than it was before.
              What current do you see in the shunt?

Neil Citro

Comment

What type of battery do you have?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X