No announcement yet.

17MKE - Changing batteries from 80A Hr Deep Cycle to 2 x 100 A Hr Lithium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not think that there is a need for 12 v dc power to go to the distribution panel before going to the battery. I would use the stock wires that come from the distribution panel to the battery as a "back feed" from the batteries to the distribution panel. Moving your new converter/charge closer to the batteries helps with voltage loss. The stock wires will be more than capable of handling the 12 v dc power from the batteries to the distribution panel. (Thats a lot of distribution goin on there)

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      I do not think that there is a need for 12 v dc power to go to the distribution panel before going to the battery. I would use the stock wires that come from the distribution panel to the battery as a "back feed" from the batteries to the distribution panel. Moving your new converter/charge closer to the batteries helps with voltage loss. The stock wires will be more than capable of handling the 12 v dc power from the batteries to the distribution panel. (Thats a lot of distribution goin on there)

Brian
      Thank you! That is exactly what I am doing. The converter will now be very close to the batteries instead of 20 ft away.

Jack
      2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
      2022 Grand Designs Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Working...
      X