No announcement yet.

WA's 303RLS Electrical Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WondersAwait I saw this the other day and have been thinking about it. I wonder if the short run of wire between the disconnect and the fuse block actually caused it to work loose. If the 2 ends are not at the same height off the mounting board, it puts the connection in a strange stress situation that could lead to it working loose.

Think like plumbing (remember wiring is just plumbing for electrons to flow through), you need some type of expansion / misalignment allowance. For both the connection from the blue box to the shunt and the blue box to the disconnect, I would suggest a bit more wiring and a some type of J / U bend to allow for the connections to not be subjected to expansion / misalignment / vibration from other components. While we all like nice short direct runs, sometimes a little mess (pun here) is needed for survival of the connections.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 you could be on to something there. The height off the mounting board from the Lynx to the switch is very even and that side stayed super tight with no issues, but other side of the switch is a noticeable amount higher off the mounting board than the fuse block and that's the side of the switch that came loose. When I re-did it this time I bent the copper lug to allow for a flat mount and less strain on the switch/wire there but I can't recall if I did that before or not. In hindsight I probably should have put a little shim behind the fuse block to make the mounting height even but this should work too. Good thought! Regardless I'm going to keep a much closer eye on that and the rest of the system going forward.
      David and Deana
      2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
      2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Working...
      X