Progressive Industries Customer Service A+++++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Industries Customer Service A+++++

Background - I got a Progressive Industries EMS PT30X for my new Reflection 220RK. I tried to use it about 6 to 8 times since getting it and constantly got error codes. Every time the pedestal checked out with a neighbors help using another unit or park manager with their interments, so we figured I had a bad unit. I had put it away and was going to send it back last summer. However I forgot. This weekend while buttoning up the trailer for winter I ran across it. So on Sunday the 8th I sent in a warranty claim form with pictures and proof of purchase.

I never got an acknowledgement. So I figured it might take a while with the holidays.

Instead UPS delivered a new unit to me today the 13th. It shipped on the 10th.

Talk about fast turn around - all I can say is thanks Progressive Industries https://www.progressiveindustries.net/

Happy Holidays folks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

I had the same experience with PI recently with a hardwired 50 amp unit. Great folks.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
      I had the same experience with PI recently with a hardwired 50 amp unit. Great folks.

Rob
      I've been hearing about great warranty experience from PI on this forum and the other one for a couple of years now, but I'm growing skeptical about the product's reliability.
      Not an insignificant number of post-installation failures reported. I sure would hate to be on a trip and have to wrestle with all it would take to bypass my hardwired unit if it failed.

Has anyone considered adding a manual, switched, bypass circuit around the hardwired unit? My understanding is the OEM bypass doesn't work if the device has failed.

-Steve
      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

I've been hearing about great warranty experience from PI on this forum and the other one for a couple of years now, but I'm growing skeptical about the product's reliability.
        Not an insignificant number of post-installation failures reported. I sure would hate to be on a trip and have to wrestle with all it would take to bypass my hardwired unit if it failed.

Has anyone considered adding a manual, switched, bypass circuit around the hardwired unit? My understanding is the OEM bypass doesn't work if the device has failed.

-Steve
        Steve

Have you heard that the PI hardwired system does not work when the bypass button is pushed?

This would be concerning to me as well. I have the hardwired unit in our trailer.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Steve

Have you heard that the PI hardwired system does not work when the bypass button is pushed?

This would be concerning to me as well. I have the hardwired unit in our trailer.

Brian
          Hopefully others will weigh in because I don't have any specific references to cite, but I'm sure I've heard reports of being dead in the water until the unit was electrically bypassed. That's was the reason for my question?

-Steve
          2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
          Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
          2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
          18k B&W Companion, non-slider
          640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
          Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
          Somerset, WI

Comment

There are reasons for and against the hardwired surge protector vs the plug in one at the post. This would seem to be a vote in favour of the one at the post that you can use or not use if it fails. Until recently, all surge protectors monitored the "upstream" power supply. This was the primary reason for getting the hardwired unit as close to the RV panel as possible so that it could "see" the connections through the shore power cord. The most recent units from Surge Guard (main competitor to Progressive Industries) monitor both upstream (park power) and downstream (shore power cord and trailer wiring) for correct connections. This could swing the "preferred configuration" back in favour of the post mounted Surge Guard.

See this thread and the recommendation from Curtis OffToHavasu . . . https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ranscend-31rlk

Rob
            Last edited by Cate&Rob; 12-16-2019, 05:23 PM.
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

-Steve
              No, I haven't considered putting in a manual bypass. Wouldn't be hard to do, though. Anecdotal "evidence" is difficult to quantify. The switch TucsonJim installed for his inverter--I wonder if that would work?

Regardless, ​​I suspect the majority of failures are due to the unit sacrificing itself (lightning nearby, etc) vs a reliability issue. But that's just conjecture, too.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

-Steve
                I may have been the source of some of the confusion on that topic when I reported that using the bypass didn't pass power through to the coach. I was wrong. A licensed electrician was eventually called out to check out the park power pedestal. Long story short, even he could not prove that the 50 amp breaker was faulty (apparently it was intermittent and only partial in its failure). However, replacing the 50 amp breaker at the park pedestal fixed all the issues and the EMS started functioning normally. The problem wasn't with the EMS or the bypass function after all - it was merely doing its job.

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
                X