Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion Battery Monitor -- Bluetooth Capable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Battery Monitor -- Bluetooth Capable?

Did my first test run of the "Solar 101" presentation I'll be giving at the National Rally with some friends and a question stumped me: is the Furrion Battery Monitor bluetooth capable? In other words, on a phone can you pull up a display that similar to what can be done with a Victron BMV-712?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Not as far as I could tell. I changed mine out for a Victron 712.

-Mike-
    2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
    2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Did my first test run of the "Solar 101" presentation I'll be giving at the National Rally with some friends and a question stumped me: is the Furrion Battery Monitor bluetooth capable? In other words, on a phone can you pull up a display that similar to what can be done with a Victron BMV-712?
      I'm not positive but I don't think so. I only poked around with one long enough to set its ah capacity, but there didn't appear to be any kind of Bluetooth settings.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Negative. No bluetooth capability.
        David and Deana
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
        2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Thank you all who responded!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by mallstott View Post
            Not as far as I could tell. I changed mine out for a Victron 712.

-Mike-
            How hard was it to swap out?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post

The member that you quoted had not been on the Forum for some time, maybe they will see the tag and respond.

In case they do not the "swap" should be relatively easy. Remove the stock shunt and replace it with the new one, make sure that the negative wire from the battery is on the correct side of the new shunt and the negative that goes to the RV 12 v dc grounding system is on the other side, all negative loads should be on that side. Then you can attach the wire for the Victron display, if you have that, and position the display where ever you would like it. If you purchased the Victron Smart Shunt it will not have a display and really is not needed as you can monitor this with the Victron Connect App.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post

It should be quite easy. What GDRV do you own (the Furrion is mounted differently across the GD line.)

Comment

Working...
                X