Central Vac system Solitude 345GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Vac system Solitude 345GK

Issues with central vacuum system. Last time camping when we plugged in to the electrical post (50A) the central vac turned on without having a hose hooked up. On off switch did not turn off the vac. hooking up a hose inside and in the bay and unhooking did not turn off the vac also. I unplugged from the 50A pedestal and the vac turned off. I was able to find where the 110 plug was plugged into behind the wall and unplugged it and the vac turned off. We are set to go camping again in a few weeks and thinking it was something with he pedestal hook ups?? Everything else worked power wise. I also could not find a fuse or breaker to turn the vac off? Other than unplugging it. Has anyone experienced this? Vac type is INTERVAC CSRM.
    2022 Solitude 345GK, 2022 F350 XLT 7.3 SRW

I believe there is a switch that is activated when the hose is inserted into the port, this may be faulty.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by davekimw View Post
      Issues with central vacuum system. Last time camping when we plugged in to the electrical post (50A) the central vac turned on without having a hose hooked up. On off switch did not turn off the vac. hooking up a hose inside and in the bay and unhooking did not turn off the vac also. I unplugged from the 50A pedestal and the vac turned off. I was able to find where the 110 plug was plugged into behind the wall and unplugged it and the vac turned off. We are set to go camping again in a few weeks and thinking it was something with he pedestal hook ups?? Everything else worked power wise. I also could not find a fuse or breaker to turn the vac off? Other than unplugging it. Has anyone experienced this? Vac type is INTERVAC CSRM.
      Any chance you have a VacPort on the floor that you sweep the dirt into? Perhaps it is flipped open. If not, it sounds like either the VacPort or the hose connection contacts are closed, causing the vacuum to stay on. There's just a couple of screws holding the VacPort on. With the vacuum running just remove one of the two wires. Same thing on the hose port. I think the hose port wires are screwed to terminals.
      Pat and Karen
      2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

davekimw Welcome to the Family and the forum!

Due to the placement of the mats and our four legged babies, that mat often gets moved and opens the floor suction port, thus the vacuum "magically" turns itself on.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

We have the same problem with the VacPort turning on the vacuum system by the slide floor transition flap after traveling on rough roads in our 345GK. Check the VacPort located on the left side of the island between the island and the kitchen slide. We use a small piece of pool noodle wedged between the floor and the underside of the toe kick to protect it from being turned on during travel.
          Dan & Jan
          2022 Solitude 345 GK
          2013 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas. We found the vac port on the island to be opened. Didn't even know there was a port there. Thanks again.
            2022 Solitude 345GK, 2022 F350 XLT 7.3 SRW

Comment

Working...
            X