No announcement yet.

Furrion 12 volt side by side 16 cu ft. Refrigerator quit working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point I’m in agreement with Tucson Jim. We had just been boondocking for a week before we got back to our shop where we base for the summer. The road in and out was rough in places and given how the wires were just dangling it’s understandable how they may have worked loose. I just measured from batteries back to the slide and forward to the refrigerator and it is definitely more than 25 ft. I don’t see me pulling in 6 ga wire. To be honest I don’t see us keeping this camper for the long haul. We love the space for full time living but have also found 38’ to be to big for most Forrest service camp sites. It seems like every time we pull it something is pulling apart or breaking so we are not impressed with the quality. Our last camper was a 2016 Arctic Fox which had virtually no problems in the 6 years we owned it..
    2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues Rick. Unfortunately I think quality is decreasing across the board.

Our first unit was a Keystone Ultralight Passport, baby at 23ft. Couple of minor things like leaking P-Trap under the kitchen sink, HWH TP valve that always leaked, Supply line drip behind toilet, and just before we got rid of it at 5.5 years old, the outdoor kitchen door shocks came loose then the door delaminated.

The replacement was a Dutchmen 5th wheel, problems started early and less than 24 months later she was gone. Axle came apart on maiden voyage, AC unit failed after 18 months (or less), crack in side wall near propane door, roof sagging, supply plumbing under the sink leaking water everywhere, and the wardrobe slide motor that ate relays (dealer was running the slides in and out off the 7 way plug).

Someone best described a camper as a rolling earthquake. The bigger the unit, the more likely you are to have issues. Also in the past 6 years, I thing the US infrastructure has declined significantly in some areas.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I own a 2022 Reflection 303RLS and have the same model refrigerator which also just died. I never lost lighting or anything that would suggest that I wasn't getting power. It just simply stopped cooling. I tried everything I knew to do with no success and ended up living out of coolers on my last trip. I took it to the dealer, as it is still under warranty. The dealer indicated that they have had some problems with the Furrion 12v refrigerators and, unfortunately, there really aren't parts available to repair them. I am waiting for final word, but it sounds like they may replace my refrigerator with a brand new one. That all sounds great unless I am faced with the same thing 9 months from now. Wish I had the magic solution to share with you.

Comment

We just arrived in north Texas from South Dakota. Three nights on the road and no issues with the fridge. I haven’t installed the wago connectors yet. I will wait until we get to our wintering spot in College Station.
          2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
          2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob L View Post
            I own a 2022 Reflection 303RLS and have the same model refrigerator which also just died. I never lost lighting or anything that would suggest that I wasn't getting power. It just simply stopped cooling. I tried everything I knew to do with no success and ended up living out of coolers on my last trip. I took it to the dealer, as it is still under warranty. The dealer indicated that they have had some problems with the Furrion 12v refrigerators and, unfortunately, there really aren't parts available to repair them. I am waiting for final word, but it sounds like they may replace my refrigerator with a brand new one. That all sounds great unless I am faced with the same thing 9 months from now. Wish I had the magic solution to share with you.
            We are having the same issue. Have lights and everything but just stopped cooling. By the way, we have had our 367BHS for 10 months and we are on our third fridge. They’ve replaced it twice already and said they wouldn’t again. Looks like we are going to have to pursue another route with this unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
            X