Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Momentum 21G both fans broken. Swap with MaxxAir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Momentum 21G both fans broken. Swap with MaxxAir?

So both of my fans have broken now within 10 months of ownership. The rubber seal around the lid seemed to melt in the sun and the force of the motor when trying to power the fan on has cracked the plastic around the arms that raise the lid. I'm assuming it's out of warranty (although I'm waiting to hear back). Has anyone swapped this fans with a MaxxAir? I had a MaxxAir I installed myself in my van that was flawless for 3 years and I prefer the style that allows it to stay on while it's raining over the stock version with rain sensor.
    2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
    2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
    x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post
    So both of my fans have broken now within 10 months of ownership. The rubber seal around the lid seemed to melt in the sun and the force of the motor when trying to power the fan on has cracked the plastic around the arms that raise the lid. I'm assuming it's out of warranty (although I'm waiting to hear back). Has anyone swapped this fans with a MaxxAir? I had a MaxxAir I installed myself in my van that was flawless for 3 years and I prefer the style that allows it to stay on while it's raining over the stock version with rain sensor.
    When I bought my Imagine 17MKE I had the dealer install a MaxxAir fan. Best thing I ever did. Highly recommended. I don't know why GD doesn't install these to start with.

Jeff
    Jeff & Pam
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

I was thinking of switching out mine as well for the MaxxAir. Had the fan in the living area replaced under warranty (installation issue, not a problem with the fan), then after that the mechanical arm broke on the new fan due to the motor putting too much torque at full close before shutting off. Replaced the arm, but I think the problem is going to happen again given the motor really likes to crank down or up before shutting off.
      Dan M.
      2022 Momentum 23G
      2019 F250 6.7L

Comment

I put three MaxxAir remote controlled reversible fans in our Reflection and have been really pleased with the improvement. See this thread with my comments in post 3. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ce-help-please

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post
          Yes, do it

I swapped out 2 of our fans with the Maxxair fans. Will likely swap out the 3rd next year. Worth the $$ in my opinion.
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
          X