Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install 5500 Ona into prepped 2022 Momentum 350G

Good day everyone
    I picked up a used 5500 to install into our new momentum . It has the gen prep but of course at the time of purchase there were zero onans to be had . I now picked one up for what I figure was a decent price canadian .My question is about the hookups . I haven't tore into it yet , but there is a silver junction box behind my battery in the cubby . I am assuming that would be the gen tie in that hopefully is pre wired to a transfer switch already . I have two lines that are for fuel , but of course are unmarked on which is the fuel and which is the return , so I will have to figure that out . The only other thing is I read there should be a pickup pump inline . Is that something that is also already installed and tied into the remote wiring switch in the gen compartment ? Or is this something I will have to tear the under belly off to get at and install . .. I should also add I have the solar package to with inverter stock in the trailer . Is there anything special I need to be concerned about with that in the line as well ? Thanks for any input .

I think your best bet would be to contact Grand design directly with your VIN and ask them if they can tell you exactly what is and isnt included in the prep. Unless someone has done the add on already, and even then it may have changed from year to year.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Is this the silver junction box you mentioned? I haven’t opened mine to see what’s inside. Would be nice if it’s got the wiring already connected to the transfer switch (assuming that it’s located near the main circuit board panel)

Comment

Working...
      X