Circuit breaker for 2nd AC unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit breaker for 2nd AC unit

We have a 2021 Reflection 150 278BH purchased in April 2021 (first RV). We had the dealer install a second AC unit in the front of the trailer. It has worked normally when used since then. I am in the process of changing the battery to lithium and adding an inverter to power the fridge while on the road. I have purchased, but no yet installed a lithium ready converter. I was looking at the main breaker/fuse panel this morning and noticed that there was a label on the right side next to the fridge label that says AC, but there is no circuit breaker there. I have not yet pulled the panel apart, but just would like to know if there should be a separate circuit breaker for the second AC unit.
    Thanks,
    PaddlerDave

Yes there should be a second breaker for the second AC unit, the labels may just be misaligned. Checking for confirmation is a good idea.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian:
      Thanks, I will check. The refrigerator is just left of the second AC label and has a 20 amp breaker, Everything else is 15 amp in the AC group. 20 amps seems high for the refrigerator.
      Dave

Comment

If its like mine the fridge circuit has more than just the fridge on it.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by PaddlerDave View Post
          Brian:
          Thanks, I will check. The refrigerator is just left of the second AC label and has a 20 amp breaker, Everything else is 15 amp in the AC group. 20 amps seems high for the refrigerator.
          Dave

It can be tricky to see the markings if they use the double "cheater" breakers as well. Generally the 20A breakers are the A/C units.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I pulled the front panel off and found that there are two double wide Main labels under the 50 amp double circuit breaker for the shore power. Every other label is offset both to the left and right. I just need to relabel the panel. There are two 20 amp breakers, both for the AC units. The rest are 15 amp breakers. Not a big deal. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X