lost AC power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost AC power

Hi, Im new here and new to Grand Design campers. I have a 2019 2400BH and this weekend I took it out for the first time. Everything was fine and worked great the whole day and suddenly at night the AC started blowing really hard then I lost all AC power in the trailer. DC worked fine and I have a solar setup, so when I switch over to solar all the outlets and AC power items worked. I checked breakers, GFI, fuses, but cant find anything. I did realize I had left my connection to my truck connected while I was plugged into the shore power. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I suspect there is a bus type overload fuse somewhere other than the electrical panel.

If your solar setup powered all of the AC circuits then you have an inverter and also a transfer switch, the transfer switch may be an issue. If everything works on inverter but not shore power then your issue is somewhere in the shore power/inverter connection.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Also just to check the obvious, but did you check the breaker in the power pedestal outside?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

sunsport
        Also are you using some sort of Surge protection such as this https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-pt30x If not get one. They also come in 50A versions. It also could have tripped. Hopefully you checked the shore power breakers first as Neil suggested. One other thing to do is to fully reset your main 120V power breaker in the distribution panel. Actually do them all. Fully turn it OFF then click to full ON. They can sometimes trip, but not look tripped.

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X