Hints for moving batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints for moving batteries

2022 Reflection 150 226RK, factory solar and Victron energy meter installed.

Would like to move my LiFePO4 batteries to the pass-thru and looking for tips to make this as easy as possible. I think I'm good on the connection to the 12V bus bars and the MPTT controller but not sure on the control wiring for the battery shunt. The current carrying wire go over the top and I see those but the control wiring from the shunt goes down, not sure how to move it to the pass-thru.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by winebob View Post
    2022 Reflection 150 226RK, factory solar and Victron energy meter installed.

Would like to move my LiFePO4 batteries to the pass-thru and looking for tips to make this as easy as possible. I think I'm good on the connection to the 12V bus bars and the MPTT controller but not sure on the control wiring for the battery shunt. The current carrying wire go over the top and I see those but the control wiring from the shunt goes down, not sure how to move it to the pass-thru.

Thanks in advance.

A picture would help, but why not leave the shunt where it is and just move the batterys. There have been several excellent threads on doing this and several ways to protect the batterys in the pass through. On suggestion - be sure to protect and seal the cables when you go through the bulkhead wall to the front. Also make sure you take into consideration the new cable length - you may need to up size the wiring for the extra length. remember to double the distance of cable length in using the tables.

Good luck with your project

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
    X