Bedroom 12 Volts & battery questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom 12 Volts & battery questions.

Hello I am new to this, so please be gentle.

I have read that some people have run a fused line for 12 V to their bedroom from the battery compartment.

We have a 2017 Reflection MKS. What would be the best route to take?

I use a Cpap uncondtioned. (Dry).

Looking at under the bed, but I am not sure whether the frame work is involved. I could be just over thinking it. I am just looking for a safe path.

Also the previous owners added a second battery, using 7 stand stiff, # 2 battery cables. There is no way to fasten the battery ventilation covers using the stiff wire.

I am going to change them out to silicone flexible welding cable style #6, and connect the batteries to the + trailer side is from battey #1 and the ground trailer side is from battery #2, to "balance the lines". Again am I just over thinking?

Thanks for the reply

Bob
    Bob & Jan Norwood Ontario
    2017 GD Reflection 307MKS
    2020 Ford F250 SD

Bob, Ideally equal length cables from the branch point to the batteries both positive and negative. Negatives can both go straight to the frame, try to put the 2 together or close together.

For you 12VDC supply line, you will need to do a little layout work to see. check out this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom You may try to message Keith (yoda) and see what he has to offer.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Ogre View Post
      Hello I am new to this, so please be gentle.

I have read that some people have run a fused line for 12 V to their bedroom from the battery compartment.

We have a 2017 Reflection MKS. What would be the best route to take?

I use a Cpap uncondtioned. (Dry).

Looking at under the bed, but I am not sure whether the frame work is involved. I could be just over thinking it. I am just looking for a safe path.

Also the previous owners added a second battery, using 7 stand stiff, # 2 battery cables. There is no way to fasten the battery ventilation covers using the stiff wire.

I am going to change them out to silicone flexible welding cable style #6, and connect the batteries to the + trailer side is from battey #1 and the ground trailer side is from battery #2, to "balance the lines". Again am I just over thinking?

Thanks for the reply

Bob
      Bob, here you go for your CPAP. My set up has worked now for several years without issue. The fuse block has also come in handy for other projects.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom

If you have any questions ask away (tag me or PM me.)

Keith

OOPS - On edit I see Joseph Jlawles2 already gave you the link. Thanks Joseph. BTY I ran separate circuits to each side of the bed as DW uses one too. Just be sure you miss the steel cross beam that you might find on your model. Look up and forward from inside the front bay and measure, then do the same inside the bedroom.
      Good luck
      Last edited by Yoda; 09-16-2022, 09:56 AM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X