Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking in front storage bay

Hello,
    We own a 2021 Reflection 150 series 260RD. I’m looking for some help trying to identify the cause of a clicking noise in the front storage bay on the right side above the battery— the auto reset terminal strip. Our best guess is that the clicking (approx every 25-30 seconds) is coming from an auto-resetting circuit breaker. Hubby believes it’s related to the fourth from the left (see picture) that he has disconnected. The wire feels warm to touch when connected. Looking for help about what this connection powers and where to find the short that maybe causing the circuit breaker to trip.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD

Which wire was connected to the post?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

See attached pic. Wire is connected. 4th terminal from left. Red-white wire with yellow connecter with red ink on it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try to switch that wire with the one next to it to see if the same thing happens or not, this will tell us if the breaker is bad.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I switched the wire from left (which is also a 30Amp breaker) to the problematic right 30 Amp breaker and get the same sparking/breaker resetting every 25 secs or so when connecting the battery again. And I swapped in a new 30Amp breaker as well and get same results; therefore, there must be a short somewhere to be found. This is why we are trying to find out the functionality of this wire? Thank you very much.

Comment

We have traced the wire and it goes through the driver’s side propane panel enclosure somewhere up into the bedroom driver’s side, but can’t see where it goes from there without ripping out walls?

Comment

Start looking inside the unit for a non working appliance or other device. Try slides also. This may help point to the path the wire may be taking.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I've never done trouble shooting on a circuit with an auto-resetting circuit breaker. When it's "clicking" every 25-30 seconds does this mean the the breaker is tripped and the device side of the breaker is dead (no voltage flowing), and then tries to reset unsuccessfully? Or does it mean the circuit is overloaded and it takes 25-30 seconds for the breaker to trip, and it keeps repeating the cycle?
                2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Thank you, that’s the strange thing. All lights inside & out,
                  all fans, one slide, awning, refrigerator electronics,
                  Leveling system, tv antenna booster all work that are
                  12v battery related when not plugged into house electric
                  with that one wire removed. I have not yet tested
                  furnace, nor water heater or pump in this mode,
                  but will tomorrow night. Maybe a ground wire is off or
                  broke somewhere. The red&white wire that goes up to
                  bedroom must go the ceiling area? I removed the
                  driver’s side plug in receptacle, reading light and fan
                  and there’s no red&white wire behind the wall panels.

Comment

I am wondering if that wire is the + 12 v from the tow vehicle plug, this would be found in the silver metal box located inside the pin box. I am not sure what that wire does, just trying to help. It may also go to the leveling control which is located on the ceiling of the front storage. I do not think that it goes up into the inside of the trailer. There is a wire that goes to the power distribution panel which will be a larger 6 ga wire which will feed most if not all of the inside circuits.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ya thanks, never thought about the tow electric
                      wiring. I’ll have to check that.

Comment

Ya I believe you are correct. A quick check leads
                        us to that electrical pin box with wires galore in it.
                        The hot wire looks to be ok connected to a black wire
                        via 2-wire plastic connector with locking tabs.
                        The white wire appears to go in a very large wire
                        nut with at least 4, maybe 5 or 6 wires crunched into it.
                        It’s very tight up there to get into. Possibly one
                        of those white wires just isn’t making
                        contact in that mess of a very large taped wire nut.
                        I’ve seen home wire nuts with multiple wires in it
                        vibrate loose before. I’m tied up tomorrow
                        Tuesday all day and will
                        troubleshoot more on Wednesday and try to
                        verify all of those wires.
                        Thank you all for your replies.
                        Stay tuned for Wednesday.

Comment

On my trailer that wire goes to the schwintec slide controller. But I am sure GD wires everything differently I can tell you the red wire position one bottom goes to the disconnect (that the primary RV breaker between the battery and that wire) switch and the two black wire at the lower left, one comes from the disconnect switch and the other goes to the 12v distribution panel.
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jojo2018 -- to check if that wire is for the 7-pin (Bargman) tow vehicle power input, do a continuity check from the 7-pin's power wire to the bus bar wire (with it removed from the circuit breaker as shown in first pic).

Again--make sure wire is removed from the power bar prior to doing a continuity test.

If there's continuity, the circuit is indeed the 7-pin wiring.

Now do a continuity test from the 7-pin power to the 7-pin's ground. There should NOT be continuity but due to the fault my guess is there will be a short.

I'd post a 7-pin diagram but I'm on my phone...sorry...difficult to work on this small screen.
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok thank you for the good advice. I’ll give it a try
                              and posts results tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X