Vehicle battery for camper power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle battery for camper power

I just bought a 2600RB and a week later the battery is dead. Battery switch off. I suspect it was damaged from previous owner. My question is can the camper be powered up with the TV connected? Doesn’t look like I get any power inside the camper with truck running and connected.

Originally posted by Paul&Mary View Post
    I just bought a 2600RB and a week later the battery is dead. Battery switch off. I suspect it was damaged from previous owner. My question is can the camper be powered up with the TV connected? Doesn’t look like I get any power inside the camper with truck running and connected.
    First--welcome to the forum. Check out the Welcome Letter when you get a chance here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

The "battery disconnect" does NOT completely power down the camper, thus if left for a period of time the battery will get drained. (There are literally dozens of threads on the topic on the forum, so you're not alone!)

With the TV connected (and running) and the battery disconnect ON, the vehicle should provide a small amount of charge to the battery. (My '17 Ford F-350 provided 9A @ 12V. Not much.)

If you're considering using your TV's battery to power the camper directly that is not a good idea. A starter battery is made to provide a high current for a short duration. An RV battery is meant to provide a (relatively) low current for a long period of time. Use the TV battery in your camper and it could result in having to replace it, too.

If you'd like to read more threads (similar topic) enter the following in Google or DuckDuckGo's search engine: battery replacement site:gdrvowners.com There will be many, many threads to read.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Without knowing what youre tow vehicle is I will say that not every vehicle with a hitch or tow package will have the power to the 7 way plug enabled when it was built. I know that GM built many trucks in the past that required a fuse to be placed in the underhood electrical center and a ring terminal connected in order to enable the circuit.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Paul&Mary You may want to consider installing a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 or similar on the main battery line before any other branches. This is a true disconnect unlike the factory one which leaves several things powered like the gas detectors, front jack, trailer break away, etc.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X