Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Charge inputs to the battery

Hello Everyone, first time poster here.

Great insights here and appreciate all that is shared.

Related question - With the Converter on generator or shore power, can you have multiple MPPT solar chargers adding to the battery bank as well? I don't get my trailer until spring 2023 and doing my research/planning as best I can ahead of time.

On this thinking, as my new trailer will come with GD installed solar and MPPT - does it contribute to the battery charging while the converter is charging or does it go into a sleep/float mode?

Thank you
    Shaun

Welcome cdn.shaun

I have moved your post to its own thread as I think this will be better for the discussion.

I would tend to think that whichever charger is putting out the most power will win. If the solar is not doing much then the converter/charger will take over. The converter/charger may win all of the time when connected to shore or generator but I am hopeful that others with more electrical knowledge will chime in as I am interested in this as well.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by cdn.shaun View Post
      Hello Everyone, first time poster here.

Great insights here and appreciate all that is shared.

Related question - With the Converter on generator or shore power, can you have multiple MPPT solar chargers adding to the battery bank as well? I don't get my trailer until spring 2023 and doing my research/planning as best I can ahead of time.

On this thinking, as my new trailer will come with GD installed solar and MPPT - does it contribute to the battery charging while the converter is charging or does it go into a sleep/float mode?

Thank you
      Shaun
      Yes, the converter and solar charge controller will work together with no issue. Multiple solar controllers can work together, too. See https://cleversolarpower.com/multipl...e-controllers/ for more detailed information.

Howard​

Edit: Just ensure all the devices are configured correctly for the battery installed (proper charge algorithm). Setting one to lead acid and another to lithium would cause a problem.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Welcome cdn.shaun

I have moved your post to its own thread as I think this will be better for the discussion.

I would tend to think that whichever charger is putting out the most power will win. If the solar is not doing much then the converter/charger will take over. The converter/charger may win all of the time when connected to shore or generator but I am hopeful that others with more electrical knowledge will chime in as I am interested in this as well.

Brian
        Thank you Brian! 😎

And thank you howson

I realize I will learn by experience starting next year when I finally join the GD family...and I will try to be patient for the winter waiting for my turn to come.

Lots of inspiration here for battery bank configurations (small or large) and I have months to figure out what I want to try first.

Cheers
        Shaun

Comment

Working...
        X