One Control integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Control integration

I have a 320G which does not come with One Control. I was looking around in my bay today and noticed that the leveling system says one control with an antenna hanging off. Does this mean there might be a way to integrate with a One Control system so I can monitor/use from the app?

The slide controller seems to have addition input ports.
    Attached Files
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

You would have to procure a One Control board, expensive, and do some extensive wiring to get it to work, lots of wiring. The antenna is used by the Lippert remote, which I have, to be able to move the jacks without sticking your head in the pass thru compartment. The remote is great for me when hooking and unhooking.
    https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo.../dp/B00S2IALQU

I am happy not to have the One Control.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

RoyB
      To take advantage of all a OneControl board can do, Brian is of course quite right that it would take extensive wiring to make it work.

If you wanted to control just the leveling board with the app, perhaps Lippert can program their least expensive "X" board where only that one device is recognized. If the board is bluetooth enabled, you'd have control via the app. What I'm thinking is to skip the OCTP ("OneControl Touch Panel") and just use the app.

Be aware that the baseline Unity X1 is "only" $595 on lci1.com.

If the price doesn't immediately halt this project, it's worth a call to Lippert to explore the options. If the "X" board was installed right next to the leveling board, all you'd need is one CAN bus cable (to interconnect the two boards) and then two terminating resistors (which are soldered to connectors which plug into the empty connector on each board). Connect the X board to the app (via bluetooth) and you'd be all set.

Remember--I'm just speculating. Lippert may provide the straight scoop that it's not possible.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I may have to call them to see what's all involved. I like the idea of the hard switches that I have. I also wouldn't mind being able to control certain things like slides/awnings/leveling remotely.
        2020 GD 320G
        2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyB View Post
          Thanks for the replies. I may have to call them to see what's all involved. I like the idea of the hard switches that I have. I also wouldn't mind being able to control certain things like slides/awnings/leveling remotely.
          It might be cheaper to trade in your RV and buy one configured as desired if you want control of the slides and awnings via OneControl. The amount of re-wiring (as Brian already wrote) would be extensive and very expensive (in labor).

Since your leveling unit already has a CAN-enabled board, that might be possible (but still expensive).

Look forward to reading what you find out from Lippert.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

It might be cheaper to trade in your RV and buy one configured as desired if you want control of the slides and awnings via OneControl. The amount of re-wiring (as Brian already wrote) would be extensive and very expensive (in labor).

Since your leveling unit already has a CAN-enabled board, that might be possible (but still expensive).

Look forward to reading what you find out from Lippert.

Howard
            It's not a must have feature. I just figured if it's relatively easy to add to the existing components, then why not. $500-1000 is not a concern. I spend more than that on other hobbies every month. It's fun to tinker.
            2020 GD 320G
            2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Working...
            X