Installation of ToGo / Wingard WiFi router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of ToGo / Wingard WiFi router

This is the first thing I will be installing on this or any travel trailer. I have an Imagine 2670MK. Where would be the best place to mount the switch and draw 12 VDC power from?

Huffy1166, I don't have an electrical answer for you but wanted to ensure you are aware of the very recent change by AT&T to no longer provide the unlimited $30 per month/$360 per year plan for the ToGo? The Mobile Internet Resource Center alerted us a few days ago: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ale...ary-16th-2020/

It's surprising how quickly they abandoned those agreements.
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Carter View Post
      Huffy1166, I don't have an electrical answer for you but wanted to ensure you are aware of the very recent change by AT&T to no longer provide the unlimited $30 per month/$360 per year plan for the ToGo? The Mobile Internet Resource Center alerted us a few days ago: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ale...ary-16th-2020/

What an absolute joke. No grandfather or anything. Now the hi cost of plans starts. We bought ours back in August and subscribed thinking we had a great deal. Would never have bought it and put the holes in my roof! You cannot talk to anyone because it’s a ”session based”plan. Trust me I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Carter View Post

I guess you missed that ATT will accept new agreements until Jan 15. Sign up by then and you get the $30/month ($360/year) rate. Winegard has already said they will have a software update that will unlock the TOGO to use any other provider (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc). So you should be able to shop around and still get a decent deal.
        Last edited by Running from Gnats; 01-04-2020, 02:03 PM. Reason: Added there will be a software update to unlock to use on other providers.
        2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
        2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
        Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
        FMCA # 489460

Comment

While I agree it sucks that AT&T is pulling this plan (I just installed a TOGO and bought the Adventure plan last month), if you are still looking to install the system, I was able to route the dc line down through my refrigerator vent (2020 Imagine 3000QB) and once in there I had access to an existing opening to the cavity behind my DVDPlayer/Radio where I tapped off of the dc line. The TOGO only draws around 1 AMP so I just put a small (3 AMP) fuse in-line and then mounted the power switch on the face of the cabinet next to the DVD Player/Radio.

Comment

Working...
          X