No announcement yet.

Lo DC Alert; Fridge Furnace Lights won’t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was finally able to check converter w volt meter and it registered 13.79. I have a new converter but wanted to check before opening. Any thoughts on why the current one seems to be operating with enough voltage? I’m on shore power w nothing on in the rig

Comment

Originally posted by Thr33devil View Post
      I was finally able to check converter w volt meter and it registered 13.79. I have a new converter but wanted to check before opening. Any thoughts on why the current one seems to be operating with enough voltage? I’m on shore power w nothing on in the rig
      The converter output and the voltage of all 12V batteries connected to it will always be the same. If they are not, the wiring is wrong.

John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

One new battery at 12v and the other at 5v and 13.7v at the charger o/p terminals indicates a wire/wiring/connector problem. My money would be on connections. Take them all apart and clean them all.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Again... be sure the battery cutoff switch key is in and can't be removed.
          Jim (& Sharon)
          2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
          2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
          The toys:
          2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
          2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by Thr33devil View Post
            You would want to see that same voltage, 12.7, at your batteries with the voltmeter. With one battery at 12v and the other at 5v after a day it seems like the two batteries are not connected to each other. The converter is only charging one battery. The other battery is being drained by your trailer but not getting charged by the converter. There should be a black cable connecting the negative posts of the two batteries together. There should be a red cable connecting the positive posts of the two batteries.
            Last edited by pengle; 11-14-2022, 05:19 PM. Reason: changed from "negative" to "positive".
            Pat and Karen
            2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Originally posted by pengle View Post

You would want to see that same voltage, 12.7, at your batteries with the voltmeter. With one battery at 12v and the other at 5v after a day it seems like the two batteries are not connected to each other. The converter is only charging one battery. The other battery is being drained by your trailer but not getting charged by the converter. There should be a black cable connecting the negative posts of the two batteries together. There should be a red cable connecting the the negative posts of the two batteries.
              Pat - you meant red cable connecting the Positive posts did you not? Don't want to see a melt down Just trying to help - Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks again everyone. Tough to admit but when I installed the new batteries Saturday night I failed to get the batteries connected to one another. Thus, as y’all pointed out, draining one battery. Not surprisingly, all systems have been working for 24hrs and I’m hopeful that will continue. Sorry to have y’all diving into the topic when it turned out to be a simple solution, but I do have a much better understanding of my rig. Thank you for the collective master class!

Comment

Working...
                X