Onecontrol LCD and Unity Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onecontrol LCD and Unity Board

Just purchased a 2022 31mb from a private party. They basically only used the unit twice for quests at there home. Due to life changes they were not able to use as planned. Anyway we got the floorplan we wanted and traveled all the way to Colorado Springs from San Diego area to get it. I did not know about the Onecontrol/Compass connect system prior to purchase. The old owner did not use it apparently either. When going through the documentation I find out about this setup. I download both the Compass Connect and Onecontrol apps and try to connect to no avail. I then go to the OTCP or LCD screen and it does not power on. I verify power to the screen after disconnecting to reboot. Still nothing. Yesterday I spent some time on the phone with Lippert Tech. He said I should be able to bypass the LCD and use the app. but I cannot connect to the Unity through bluetooth. Updated my IOS per instructions and rebooted my Unity 1.5 per instructions and still nothing. At that point he suggest I take to a dealer. I am pretty handy and with no warranty do not want to go down that road. However, I am a bit electrically and tech challenged. I have a hard time believing both the OTCP and the Unity board would be bad but I know it is possible. After much searching and reading on the topic I understand it is kind on a daisy wheel type of system called a CANBUS. Wondering if like old christmans tree lights if one of the control boxes is not hooked up right that others might not work? I really just would like the ability to work the leveling stabilizers seperately front to rear. Right now I just have the basic front control for the leveling. I asked lippert if I could just go to an expanded jack controller but they say my leveler module 694656 will not accept that as an option. Looking for ideas or thoughts on testing and diagnosing the system. Could I tap into the leveling controller with manual switches for each jack?

Cheers, Nels
    Nels & Vanessa
    2022 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Originally posted by nprario View Post
    Cheers, Nels
    Nels,
    Does anything controlled by the Unity board operate? There are manual inputs to the board that control the extension and retraction of the awning--does that work? What about the porch light?

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, all the manual switches work fine. The awning, lights and slides all work as they should. Thanks for the welcome 😊
      Nels & Vanessa
      2022 Reflection 31MB
      2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Did you find the proper code to input in the device that you are trying to connect? There is a sticker with that info inside the RV.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes, all the manual switches work fine. The awning, lights and slides all work as they should. Thanks for the welcome 😊
          OK...I think I'm beginning to understand. I got caught in a paradigm when I read "OCTP"--that device is not used on the Reflection line. The One Touch Control Panel is used on the Momentum line in place of the Convenience Center Panel.

What you're specifically addressing (now that I read your post again) is the Ground Control's panel, right? Can you take a picture of the panel and post it here to ensure we're discussing the same component?

Also, there may be two issues. If the board works with some components, but won't control the levelers, and also will not connect via bluetooth, that's two separate problems.

Let's address the bluetooth issue first: did you find the code thing (technical term, lol) sticker on the Unity board itself? By scanning it that should trigger the proper setup of the phone. Note I'm no expert on the setup process as my "old" 2019 doesn't have a Unity board.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Beat me to it, Brian! Country Campers I was typing as you posted.

Comment

nprario -- did you spot Grand Design's YouTube video on how to setup CompassConnect on the Reflection line?

Comment

Interesting related post: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...9590#post99590

Comment

Sorry, I meant the touch control screen in the pass through. Screen does not come on and the unity is not putting out anything to connect the iphone to. I did scan the lable and it comes up with nothing to connect with. Below is the level control I have and the level controller.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	GCPanel.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	99637

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2454.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	99638
                  Nels & Vanessa
                  2022 Reflection 31MB

Comment

I did see the video as well, thanks for posting the link.
                    Nels & Vanessa
                    2022 Reflection 31MB

Comment

nprario -- OK, these are two separate problems. Which one is more urgent to resolve? (The Ground Control panel should work regardless of what's happening with the Unity board.)

Comment

nprario -- unless I don't understand? Will the levelers work manually (via the control panel) but you just want to figure out how to do it with the app (obviously through the Unity Board)?

Comment

The quick level panel outside of the front of the trailer does work. The auto level does not seem that great to me at this point so I thought if I could adjust each jack seperately I could manually solve that the front always is low. I cannot do a zero poiint without a touch screen and also cannot adjust any single jack. The quick level panel does not allow for individual jack adjustment. It only workks the front separately and the rears only with auto level. The rears only come up whenn I hit hitch height.
                          Nels & Vanessa
                          2022 Reflection 31MB

Comment

The quick level panel outside of the front of the trailer does work. The auto level does not seem that great to me at this point so I thought if I could adjust each jack seperately I could manually solve that the front always is low. I cannot do a zero poiint without a touch screen and also cannot adjust any single jack. The quick level panel does not allow for individual jack adjustment. It only workks the front separately and the rears only with auto level. The rears only come up whenn I hit hitch height.
                            OK! I'm finally understanding. Thanks for being so patient as sometimes this format requires quite a bit of back-and-forth to clarify the issue.

What we've established is the Unity board works for some functions. The Ground Control works manually. The issue is you can't get the phone to connect to the Unity board.

The issue may be what's in post 9--your iphone. Wouldn't be the first time that's been an issue here.

Is there an Android phone you can use or borrow to test if that will work with your unit?

Comment

OK, lets start with the pictures. The leveler mini control panel is quite obvious. The other is actually the jack controller. The actual unity board is typically locate behind a false wall (be prepared for the shocking nest of wires) on the curb side of the unit in the basement AKA passthrough.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X