Humming noise under outdoor kitchen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humming noise under outdoor kitchen!

We came home from being gone for two days and there is a loud persistent humming coming from underneath the outdoor kitchen. I turned the heater off water off everything off except for electric I can't figure out what the noise is any ideas we have a 2020 grand design solitude 3740bh. Nothing obvious underneath. I'm worried since I'm not very handy.

I would turn off the electric to see if it goes away then. I am not seeing anything that should cause a humming noise. The things that would be under there are the gas for the stove , electric for the outside fridge.

Welcome to the forum, hope someone here has heard of this before.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Mhamons View Post
      We came home from being gone for two days and there is a loud persistent humming coming from underneath the outdoor kitchen. I turned the heater off water off everything off except for electric I can't figure out what the noise is any ideas we have a 2020 grand design solitude 3740bh. Nothing obvious underneath. I'm worried since I'm not very handy.
      I agree with Brian--try unplugging the small electric refrigerator. If that doesn't work turn off all power.

I hope you post the results!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Another thought , being as this is a bunk house model maybe the kids have left a toy stuck in somewhere inside that is making a noise or vibrating.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

First time on this forum. We bought a NTU 2019 3740BH in March. Had a similar thing happen. Found out it was the pump under the outside kitchen sink. I hit the manual switch on the pump a couple times and it went away.

Comment

Originally posted by kckarosich View Post
            First time on this forum. We bought a NTU 2019 3740BH in March. Had a similar thing happen. Found out it was the pump under the outside kitchen sink. I hit the manual switch on the pump a couple times and it went away.
            If you get a chance can you take a picture of the "pump" and "manual switch" referenced and post the pics here, please? None of the drawings for your unit show a pump (or sump) near the outside kitchen. The unit's main water pump shows being somewhere between the master bathroom toilet and shower.

TIA!

Edit: Let me clarify that I'm not doubting what you found--there are many errors found in these drawings. My purpose in asking for the information is to have one more piece of information here for other owners of your trailer. Thanks for understanding!

Howard

BTW--welcome to the forum! Check out the New Members welcome letter when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,

Sorry it took me so long. First picture shows the sump pump. The small white knob is the manual switch.
              Last edited by kckarosich; 10-12-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Wow - I had no idea this model was equipped like that. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by kckarosich View Post
                  Howard,

Sorry it took me so long. First picture shows the sump pump. The small white knob is the manual switch.
                  It also looks like on that model the slide controllers , or at least one of them , is to the left of that sump. Correct?

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Same setup on the 2020 3950BH, sump and over ride switch just to the left of the sink. The manual turn socket to the left of The sump is to drop down the spare tire, I believe...
                    Attached Files
                    Shane Green
                    Full-Timer (+3 and 3 pets)
                    2020 Solitude 3950BH - Andersen Fifth Wheel Hitch
                    2020 F-350 Crew Cab DRW w/ 8' Bed

Comment

Yes Brian. Also have one in the front compartment.

Comment

Exactly the info that I needed! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                        X