Maxxfan deluxe installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxxfan deluxe installation

We just swapped out the vent fans in the kitchen and bathroom for Maxxfan Deluxe fans with remotes. We would like to install another in the living room and perhaps in the bedroom as well. I thought I saw a photo on this forum from someone who had installed one in their living room but I can't find it. We're looking for info as to what may be in the ceiling areas we're looking to install.
    Mike and Linda with Molly and Betty Boop
    2023 Solitude 310GK-R, Onan 5.5 propane generator, autoseek Directv satellite dish, 300 watt solar panel system
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum Crew Cab 6.7 V8 Diesel, SRW 4WD

Originally posted by retiredmomof3 View Post
    We just swapped out the vent fans in the kitchen and bathroom for Maxxfan Deluxe fans with remotes. We would like to install another in the living room and perhaps in the bedroom as well. I thought I saw a photo on this forum from someone who had installed one in their living room but I can't find it. We're looking for info as to what may be in the ceiling areas we're looking to install.
    Is there a hole already in the area you want the fan, or are you going to cut a hole for the fan?

Here is example of replacing a "skylight" with a maxxair fan. I had to run wires to the fan...I removed speaker to help run wire (Small 10 awg is for fan, larger 8 awg is for solar panels). I removed the "skylight" and replaced with the fan

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mainroom ceiling.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	102502

Finished:

Name:	Fan installed.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	102503

Here is an example of cutting a hole in the ceiling/roof and placing a skylight (prewired for a fan if desired):

Name:	skylight.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	102504

It is much easier if a hole and wiring exists

Last edited by acoleman43; 01-05-2023, 12:29 AM.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

A hole will need to be cut, but thanks for the info.
      Mike and Linda with Molly and Betty Boop
      2023 Solitude 310GK-R, Onan 5.5 propane generator, autoseek Directv satellite dish, 300 watt solar panel system
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum Crew Cab 6.7 V8 Diesel, SRW 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by retiredmomof3 View Post
        A hole will need to be cut, but thanks for the info.
        It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Make sure you do it on a clear, sunny day....no rain

You will have to run some wires to the location. If you get a fan with a remote, you won't need to install a wall switch which makes wiring much easier.
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

You are going to need to frame a 14” hole between the crosswise roof trusses. I would suggest a small hole in the interior ceiling which would allow you to feel and measure to trusses forward and aft of the new location. The inside ceiling and outside roof are not parallel to each other so you will need tapered framing to adapt one to the other. All this, plus potentially re-routing existing wiring and running new wiring for the fan can be done before cutting the final opening through the roof plywood and inserting the new fan.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X