Heater Short Cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Short Cycles

Moderator Note: Jeff's post is worded as it is because it was originally at the end of the Furrion AC Temp Sensor Relocation: Alternative, parts-free method thread. I moved it here for visibility (and since it's not related to the Furrion mod). -Howard

I have a similar issue with short heater cycles but I have a GE A/C with in my 2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE. I called support and they said it may be an issue in the A/C control board that is causing the issue. There is no relocation kit for the GE A/C. The heater will only run for about 5 minutes. To get it to work I have to turn the thermostat off. There is a click in the A/C and then I can turn the heater on, for another short cycle.
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Jeff House
    Last edited by Country Campers; 01-17-2023, 06:34 AM. Reason: Changed title per post 3
    Jeff & Pam
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Not knowing the layout of the unit, using something light that can be blown around easily, check that there is not vent on the AC that is blowing onto the thermostat. I have had this exact issue in 2 of my campers. The front AC in our 303 will blow against the wall and down it onto the stat causing it to cycle off (sometimes the fan goes off, sometimes not). To remedy the situation, the dump on the stat side is closed and both track vents point forward toward the cap.

In a pinch, you can use some type of air freshener with visible droplets to help trace the airflow path around the stat.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

The title is misleading. It should read:
      Heater Short Cycles.
      Jeff & Pam
      2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Again check for any type of air flow across the stat from a vent. Heater vents are a bit harder to track as they are lower. Also check that the sail switch in the heater is functioning properly.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Not knowing the layout of the unit, using something light that can be blown around easily, check that there is not vent on the AC that is blowing onto the thermostat. I have had this exact issue in 2 of my campers. The front AC in our 303 will blow against the wall and down it onto the stat causing it to cycle off (sometimes the fan goes off, sometimes not). To remedy the situation, the dump on the stat side is closed and both track vents point forward toward the cap.

In a pinch, you can use some type of air freshener with visible droplets to help trace the airflow path around the stat.
          Thank you for your quick response. The problem is the heater that is running a 5-7 min. cycle. I have a ducted GE A/C with an Airxcel ducted heater. The heater cycles off before bringing the room up to temperature and it will not recycle until I turn the unit off. When I turn it off there is a click on the A/C overhead. I can then restart the heater but it will still only run a short cycle. I called technical support and he said the GE A/C has a relay board that connects to the GE thermostat. I also tried hanging a cloth over the thermostat to insulate it. Same results. TS said I may have to have a tech check out the A/C to make the heater work. I took your suggestion and covered all the A/C vents but it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.
          Jeff House
          Jeff & Pam
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            Again check for any type of air flow across the stat from a vent. Heater vents are a bit harder to track as they are lower. Also check that the sail switch in the heater is functioning properly.
            I just saw a video about the sail switch. I'll look into it.
            thank you.
            Jeff & Pam
            2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

I changed the sail switch and reconnected all the wires. It seems that did the trick.
              Thanks all,
              Jeff
              Jeff & Pam
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Working...
              X