new 2020 Transcend owner NEED HELP WITH HEAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 2020 Transcend owner NEED HELP WITH HEAT

My daughter just bought this camper and we are trying to get heat on, but have no clue what to do?? Is there a pilot we have to light somewhere? Please HELP! The owners manual only lets us know about the system but doesn't tell us how to get it started.

Good morning, and welcome to the technical forum.

The furnace has its own igniter, there is no pilot light.

Step 1. Make sure the propane is turned on. There are propane tanks on the front of the RV. There is a valve on top of the tanks. Typically, you turn the valve counter clockwise to turn it on.
    Step 2. Bleed off any air in the lines by trying to light the stove. If you don't know how to light the stove, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
    Step 3. Make sure that your battery is charged and that the battery disconnect switch is turned on. If the lights work in the RV, the switch is on.
    Step 4. You should have a thermostat on the wall similar to the photo below. If so, put the system switch to "Heat", the fan switch to "auto (high)", and adjust the sliding switch to the desired temperature. If you have a different thermostat, let me know.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Thermostat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	104098

Good Luck,

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by CASSIEKAYY244 View Post
      My daughter just bought this camper and we are trying to get heat on, but have no clue what to do?? Is there a pilot we have to light somewhere? Please HELP! The owners manual only lets us know about the system but doesn't tell us how to get it started.
      If you're at a campground, consider asking for help at the front desk.

But I'll try to help.

First--is the propane on? Assuming the cylinders (the large white things mounted on the tongue under a plastic cover) are full of propane, the knobs on top need to be turned on. There may be an arm on the regulator (the device attached just aft of the cylinders)--make sure the arm is pointing to toward's one of the cylinders. Doesn't matter which direction as long as both cylinders have propane in them.

Then try lighting a stovetop burner. It might take a bit of trying to get all the air out of the system. Once there's a steady, blue-tinted flame that's a good indication that propane is flowing correctly in the camper.

Now turn the thermostat OFF and wait for 20 seconds or so. Then turn it back to HEAT and ensure the temperature setting is above the ambient temperature in the camper. The fan on the heater should start up, and then a few seconds later there should a distinct "whoosh" sound as the heater flame fires up.

Hope that helps some...if anything's not clear fire back with more questions.

Also, please review the Welcome Letter when you get a chance and fill out your signature line.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The only thing I would add is, if you continue to have problems after following Jim and Howard's advice, check the exhaust for obstructions. I have a screen covering my heater exhaust. Best of luck.
        Bill & Cindy
        2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

Working...
        X