trailer Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer Temps

We have a two year old 29rs fifth wheel, and have always felt cold in the trailer. This isn't our first rodeo by any means, but I am beginning to wonder if roof and floor insulation was forgotten to be installed. The floor is always cold and in 45 degree temps at night, with th thermostat set at 62 the warmest we cannot the coach is 55F. I have worked on all the ducting and improved the airflow somewhat but not to the point of being close to our other trailer. Any constructive help is appreciated..

C

Originally posted by J Motley View Post
    We have a two year old 29rs fifth wheel, and have always felt cold in the trailer. This isn't our first rodeo by any means, but I am beginning to wonder if roof and floor insulation was forgotten to be installed. The floor is always cold and in 45 degree temps at night, with th thermostat set at 62 the warmest we cannot the coach is 55F. I have worked on all the ducting and improved the airflow somewhat but not to the point of being close to our other trailer. Any constructive help is appreciated..

C
    Hi J Motley - Welcome to the tech forum. Hopefully, we can give you some ideas.

I just took a look at the Heat/Air plan drawings for the 29RS. It looks like you have two heater vents in the island, one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. And your thermostat is mounted on the wall outside the bathroom door.

You say that you set the thermostat to 62°F, but the coach remains at 55°F. That is unusual, but it has me wondering if your thermostat is getting tricked into thinking it's warmer than the actual ambient temperature in the room. This might be caused by the bathroom being warmer than the rest of the coach, and the warm air from the bath penetrating the wall where the thermostat is mounted. If this is the case, the thermostat will think it's already at 62°F while the rest of the coach is colder. Can you measure the air temperature in the living room, bathroom and bedroom while the furnace has been running a while to see if there is a temperature difference? Ideally, if you had an IR thermometer, you could measure the temperature of the wall where the thermostat is mounted.

I don't believe there is an issue with the insulation in the roof or floor. The floor doesn't have much anyway.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

J Motley

I have responded to your other thread and will add some input here as well.

I feel your pain and ours is not much better than yours. On our first trip it was maybe high 40's during the day and 30' over night. Our furnace ran quite often and the fireplace was on all weekend. It took some time after set up the first evening to get warm , I don't think it actually got warm until late the next day , it was very windy and we were right beside a lake in mid April in Pa so it was cold. In my other post I suggested some points to check for re-distributing heat. Although these units are advertised as "4 season" this leaves a little to be desired. We have 3 slides so that is a lot of place for cold to get in and heat to be lost. There are also ducts that are used to heat the under belly to keep lines and tanks from freezing , this is a heat loss for the living area as well. I hope you can get a handle on this and if you find something a miss please post the results to be helpful to others , me included.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you both for the responses, I really appreciate it. I have done a lot of re-routing and repair in an effort to improve the flow. I have checked the temps per Tucson Jim and found that the wall area and the rest he. mentioned is pretty close to set point. The. next thing I am contemplating is to drop the belly pan and redo all the ducting to the island...

Comment

Originally posted by J Motley View Post

C
          I agree, the Solitude is cold, esp the floors, when the temp outside cools down.

Comment

Strange.... We don't have a problem with cold floors, especially with the gas furnace on. We have slept in ours every night since November 14. I walk around barefoot inside most of the time and haven't noticed it.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X