Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto setting on AC fan not working

AC fan set to auto

I have a 2022 Transcend explore 231RK. I had the issue like many others where the temp sensor was in the grill. I contacted Grand design and they sent me a new control unit and thermostat with temp sensor in the thermostat. So, I recently replaced my control unit and thermostat for my Furrion AC, with parts directly from Grand Design. I took pictures of the previous unit and thermostat and hooked everything back up as it was before. My problem now is when my thermostat is set to Auto, the temperature will get to the setting I choose and the unit shuts off like it should, but will not turn back on as the temperature rises inside my unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted Grand Design, but didn’t get any positive response from them.

Jasondfree -- what I'd try to isolate is if the thermostat is failing to trigger when reaching the set temperature, if the new sensor is failing to recognize temperature changes, or if the control unit (where the old sensor was located) is not responding.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That gives me a starting point. Thank you

Comment

After I did some investigating, I found the new control unit has a temp sensor on it also. That means I have a temp sensor in the return air area, like the original one, and a temp sensor on the new thermostat. I put my fingers on each one at different times. The one in the return air temp climbs faster than the one on the thermostat. Can I cut the one off in the return air area and dead end the wires?

Comment

I would not recommend cutting one of the sensors. There is another thread here where owners have stated that there are 2 sensors for the Furrion AC and thermostat. The sensor in the AC plenum is used when the air conditioner is being used. The one at the thermostat is when the furnace is being used.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            I would not recommend cutting one of the sensors. There is another thread here where owners have stated that there are 2 sensors for the Furrion AC and thermostat. The sensor in the AC plenum is used when the air conditioner is being used. The one at the thermostat is when the furnace is being used.

Brian
            Jasondfree Yes, what Country Campers said is true. It should run with the fan in Auto mode correctly, cycling on and off. Do not cut either of the sensors out of the circuit. It seems like you have an issue that you need to work through with GD and Furrion. If you cut the sensors, it will void your warranty.
            Mike and (RIP Karen)
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Jasondfree, I am having the same thermostat "Auto" problem with my 2022 Imagine 2670MK.

I am interested in what you discover.
              Last edited by howson; 07-14-2023, 04:17 PM. Reason: Fixed tag

Comment

Working...
              X