second AC doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second AC doesnt work

Last year we was having trouble with our ac unit in the bedroom! The Drip pan needed cleaned cause of powder so I took the top of the unit off and folded it top off and had trouble getting to the drip pan finally got it out and cleaned got everything back together but when i tried to turn it on it would not come on or the zone was gone from the thermostat at one time there was a flashing white light that flashed which i read there is a fault in the system. My question why is it doing that and how do i get it to work

Originally posted by russellf38 View Post
    Last year we was having trouble with our ac unit in the bedroom! The Drip pan needed cleaned cause of powder so I took the top of the unit off and folded it top off and had trouble getting to the drip pan finally got it out and cleaned got everything back together but when i tried to turn it on it would not come on or the zone was gone from the thermostat at one time there was a flashing white light that flashed which i read there is a fault in the system. My question why is it doing that and how do i get it to work
    Welcome to the forum -- please check out the Welcome Letter (linked off the home page) and fill out your signature line (please).

With regards to the a/c problem, my guess (without knowing the make/model of your rig or a/c unit) is that the connections to the control box were disturbed during the maintenance. On most units these connections can be seen from inside by removing the filter and cover off the plenum. Look up inside and you'll see the connectors.

Be aware there could (and likely will be) live 12vDC and possibly 120vAC, so removing power from the camper is advised prior to poking fingers or any tools up in that area.

The picture below is an older Dometic control box to show an example of what I'm referencing. The control box in your rig will be different but yet similar enough that you should recognize it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	134
Size:	863.3 KB
ID:	113726
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

mine is a Coleman Mach 3 Plus the control box is different serial # 180214666

Comment

russellf38 -- see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ting-12v-power That thread may provide some information helpful to your troubleshooting.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X