Extra insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra insulation

I want to ask if anybody has added additional insulation under the floor to the under belly storage in the storage area and the front compartment in the fifth wheel area. We have a solitude 310GKR. Thanks
    2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Originally posted by drifterranch View Post
    I want to ask if anybody has added additional insulation under the floor to the under belly storage in the storage area and the front compartment in the fifth wheel area. We have a solitude 310GKR. Thanks
    I can't address your specific question as I have a 315RLTS, but what I can recommend is to do a careful inspection for air-entry points. The floors in our trailers are made differently and the insulation is different, but there were large, uninsulated, holes in my floor behind the electric fireplace (for the wires), under the island sink, and around the hot water heater pipes behind the dresser in the bedroom. The lower portion "kick panels" of the front closet (where it meets the pass-thru storage) was uninsulated, too.

I can't quantify the results with numbers, but I definitely don't notice the large temperature differential that was customary when opening the doors to access the area under the sink.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Last June we replaced some of the insulation below and back of our basement area that was damaged by a water leak (that's a different story), and were able to carefully get some additional installation on top of the holding tanks and along side the webs of the main beams without damage to electrical, hydraulic, and water lines. We haven't really noticed any difference in heat lost since and it was more of an attempt to use up excess insulation than to solve a heating problem.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thanks, I am considering insulating the floor in the pass through with some reflective backed foam insulation and cover it with the same material the underbelly is covered with. I am going to do the same in the front compartment and the nose. I will also check the areas you both have mentioned. Thanks again.
        2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
        X