No announcement yet.

YM 2020 Imagine 2250RK Coleman AC Vents question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schiefswret I don’t know where you are on this with your test vent from JR Products but I was on another forum and they referenced this JR Product adjustable vent ACG25DPW for their Imagine. https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-A...3753641&sr=8-5. Size wise I think this is a direct replacement in the Imagines.
    Dave and Susan
    Imagine 2250RK
    2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

hey Dave, yes I ordered and received one to test out before ordering the other 4. Looks like the only challenge is to snap off the original without scraping up the ceiling material. I've purchased a very wide paint scrapper and a couple of plastic auto interior trim tools, as recommended, to give it a go but have not made time to get to this project yet. If you're doing this also, pls keep me posted. tks.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
        hey Dave, yes I ordered and received one to test out before ordering the other 4. Looks like the only challenge is to snap off the original without scraping up the ceiling material. I've purchased a very wide paint scrapper and a couple of plastic auto interior trim tools, as recommended, to give it a go but have not made time to get to this project yet. If you're doing this also, pls keep me posted. tks.
        Schiefswret The vent is in two pieces. I use a 2 inch steel putty knife. It must be placed between the piece that is screwed to the ceiling and the piece that spins. Not between the vent and the ceiling. The putty knife must go between these parts at the spot where the smallest louver shows. This is the only spot on the louver that has a release. See photo. Push straight in on the putty knife, parallel to the ceiling, and twist/pry with the putty knife. Once the catch releases, pull the louver trim toward you disengaging the other catches. Now just snap the new adjustable louver trim to the base screwed to the ceiling.
        2020 Reflection 315RLTS 2016 Silverado 2500HD
        "Use your head for something besides a hat rack"......my Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefblueman View Post

Schiefswret The vent is in two pieces. I use a 2 inch steel putty knife. It must be placed between the piece that is screwed to the ceiling and the piece that spins. Not between the vent and the ceiling. The putty knife must go between these parts at the spot where the smallest louver shows. This is the only spot on the louver that has a release. See photo. Push straight in on the putty knife, parallel to the ceiling, and twist/pry with the putty knife. Once the catch releases, pull the louver trim toward you disengaging the other catches. Now just snap the new adjustable louver trim to the base screwed to the ceiling.
          Wow, super helpful. Much thanks. The other suggestion I received would have worked but this method looks like it will be much easier and much less risk. Thanks again.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by S&D's Immy View Post
            Schiefswret I don’t know where you are on this with your test vent from JR Products but I was on another forum and they referenced this JR Product adjustable vent ACG25DPW for their Imagine. https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-A...3753641&sr=8-5. Size wise I think this is a direct replacement in the Imagines.
            thanks again chiefblue, I ordered both the 4 3/4 ID in .25" collar and 1.5" just to see which fit the best.
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

thanks again chiefblue, I ordered both the 4 3/4 ID in .25" collar and 1.5" just to see which fit the best.
              chiefblue: I ordered 5 of the .25" models from Amazon and they all worked like a charm. much thanks for the info.

JR Products ACG25DPW-A Polar White Adjustable Ceiling Vent with 0.25" Collar
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

chiefblue: I ordered 5 of the .25" models from Amazon and they all worked like a charm. much thanks for the info.

JR Products ACG25DPW-A Polar White Adjustable Ceiling Vent with 0.25" Collar
                Thanks for getting back. It looks like a project to add to my list.
                Dave and Susan
                Imagine 2250RK
                2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

I ordered four for the living room area in my '19 315RLTS. A couple of notes:

1) The way the replacement attaches is slightly different from the non-adjusting vent. Once the adjusting vent is in it is NOT easy to get it back off. Make sure you really want to do this before swapping!

Click image for larger version

Name:	vent comparisons.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	16087

2. Removing the old vent from the ceiling wasn't as easy as expected. In the end I just stuck my fingers up in there and yanked it off! (Not sure I recommend that as the right approach, but I was DONE messing with it. Sorry 'bout the shot of my ugly feet at the end.)

3. Installing the new one also takes some effort to get it in place. The base in the ceiling is slightly different from the base that comes with the new adj vent, but it does work. (Ignore the grunting of the old man doing the work in this video!)

Howard

P.S. Here's a shot of the new vent in the packaging:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	16088

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I only speak for myself but getting the OEM ones out was a little tricky but not a big deal. The new ones snapped right in and spin around and open up and close just fine. I'm not worried about taking them off or I would not have put them on to start with. Good luck with your experience, it may be different than mine.
                    Last edited by howson; 04-09-2020, 06:38 PM. Reason: Removed quote to make it easier to read response.
                    Dave and Sue
                    2020 GD 2250RK
                    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                    X