Dometic ac failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic ac failure

Has anybody experienced an AC failure with Dometic ? Our 5th wheel was built in 2017 and was in storage for 18 months , this is the first time it has been lived in ( Jan 20 ) The AC worked for 3 weeks then just blew hot air . When I described the issue with local tech , first thing he asked if it was a dometic as there was a lot of bad ones built .
    Any thoughts about this or is the tech just blowing hot air too ?

Eddy

Eddy, your tech is correct. There is an issue with a/c (Dometic) that we’re built in Mexico, with welds in the Freon loops resulting in failures that release all the Freon. Ours had this failure and was replaced by Dometic with no issues. Need to find a Dometic repair location to do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Schubox View Post
      Eddy, your tech is correct. There is an issue with a/c (Dometic) that we’re built in Mexico, with welds in the Freon loops resulting in failures that release all the Freon. Ours had this failure and was replaced by Dometic with no issues. Need to find a Dometic repair location to do the work.
      Love it! Another "1st post" where there is help provided. You're awesome, Schubox --welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My AC unit was made in China and Dometic declined to pay for the replacement as it was over 2 years old , so at least the new unit has a 2 yr warranty . Makes you wonder why Grand Design wont use a better unit .

Eddy

Comment

We had exactly this issue with our 2018 303rls living room AC. Dometic has a 2 year warranty and luckily the thing failed last month of warranty. I still had to pay mobile tech fee but better than price of a new AC. He also mentioned the bad batch of Dometics 2017. Freon leak was culprit. He mentioned never having issues with the low profile units from Dometic.

Vivian
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

Thanks all. This is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling on our October 2017 built unit. I hope that not all have this same issue but will be prepared.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The Dometic on our June 2017 2600RB has been fine. But, when it fails I plan to the remove the Microair EZ Start and replace both the AC and thermostat with Coleman.

Comment

Working...
              X