Different air temperatures from Furnace ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different air temperatures from Furnace ducts

Hi: The air temps coming from our furnace ducts are quite different. I'm using an IR gun, carefully aiming at the outlet grate to be a consistent as possible.
    Measured: bedroom (round outlet): 160degF, Kitchen cabinet near pantry (round outlet): 85degF, and kitchen island rear end (rectangular grate): 120degF.
    The outside temperature was ~15degF with 20 mph winds out of the north near Kearney, NE

Is this normal? If not, how do we balance to direct more heat to the two kitchen outlets?

Edited to include RV model - Sorry folks

RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK-R
    TV: 2020 GMC 3500 DRW
    Last edited by swmurray; 03-20-2020, 11:51 AM.

Originally posted by swmurray View Post
    Hi: The air temps coming from our furnace ducts are quite different. I'm using an IR gun, carefully aiming at the outlet grate to be a consistent as possible.
    Measured: bedroom (round outlet): 160degF, Kitchen cabinet near pantry (round outlet): 85degF, and kitchen island rear end (rectangular grate): 120degF.
    The outside temperature was ~15degF with 20 mph winds out of the north near Kearney, NE

Is this normal? If not, how do we balance to direct more heat to the two kitchen outlets?
    Can you (please!) add your rig to a signature line? Here's instructions if you're not sure how: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by swmurray View Post

Model of Rv will surely help us in diagnosing.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Opps. This is a 2020 Solitude 310GK-R. I edited the original post too.
        howson - Thank you for the link. Hopefully this shows up now.

Comment

I'm looking at a drawing of your heat plan right now. My suspicion is that the smaller round vent does not allow as much hot air flow as the larger vent at the end of the island. If this is the case, then it may be normal. Since the temperature from the round vent is 85°F, I do not suspect that the line has come loose. It is possible that it may be slightly restricted.

You can get a feel for the air flow from each register by holding a piece of paper loosely in front of it to make sure that the hot air is flowing. If there is very little air flow from the round vent, it might be worth looking into a restriction. but that can be quite an undertaking to get to the vent hose. If you wanted, you could run a flexible camera into the opening instead of having to remove the underbelly to take a look.

If it were me, I'd leave it alone as long as you are getting some warm air out of that small vent.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X