Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully Resolved!! Furnace Fan Turned on Spontaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    Andi -- was this resolved? Just curious...hope all is well!
    No resolution howson . Mobile tech didn't have any suggestions. It happened again the day after he was here. Then twice earlier this week, the blower spontaneously started when we were turning off or on the kitchen vent fan . Talked to GD again, they didn't really have a suggestion either, other than to get a second opinion. Will do that when we get home in about 10 days. All is good otherwise!

Andi
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Update to this still unsolved problem:

In addition to the blower kicking on when either 1) turning on the (elec) hot water heater, 2) turning on or off the kitchen roof vent fan, 3) turning on the water pump, we then started having something else happen. On this thermo, normally you hit the bottom button to cycle through heat, fan, cool-high, cool-low, etc. After you get to the function you want and you are no longer punching any buttons, there is a 2 or 3 second delay until the heat or air turns on.

We started noticing occasionally that as SOON as we touched that button, the blower fan would turn on. Leading us to believe that maybe we have a faulty thermostat.

We had the camper at our dealer last week, and of course they could not recreate the problem. Now that we have it home, each time Rudy goes in for something, he tries the water heater, vent fan, etc., as well as cycling through the thermo. Today for the first time, it started acting up again when pushing the thermo button.

All of which leads to my question - if we are going to replace the thermostat, is there something better than this one? The dealer's service manager said this is actually supposed to be one of the better ones? I don't know if we really need to go fancy with programmable or blue-tooth, I just want something reliable that works when it should, and doesn't turn itself on when it's supposed to be off!

I should say this is a Airxcel Digital Heat/Cool single state stat.

Thanks,
      Andi
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Andi View Post
        Update to this still unsolved problem:

In addition to the blower kicking on when either 1) turning on the (elec) hot water heater, 2) turning on or off the kitchen roof vent fan, 3) turning on the water pump, we then started having something else happen. On this thermo, normally you hit the bottom button to cycle through heat, fan, cool-high, cool-low, etc. After you get to the function you want and you are no longer punching any buttons, there is a 2 or 3 second delay until the heat or air turns on.

We started noticing occasionally that as SOON as we touched that button, the blower fan would turn on. Leading us to believe that maybe we have a faulty thermostat.

We had the camper at our dealer last week, and of course they could not recreate the problem. Now that we have it home, each time Rudy goes in for something, he tries the water heater, vent fan, etc., as well as cycling through the thermo. Today for the first time, it started acting up again when pushing the thermo button.

All of which leads to my question - if we are going to replace the thermostat, is there something better than this one? The dealer's service manager said this is actually supposed to be one of the better ones? I don't know if we really need to go fancy with programmable or blue-tooth, I just want something reliable that works when it should, and doesn't turn itself on when it's supposed to be off!

I should say this is a Airxcel Digital Heat/Cool single state stat.

Thanks,
        Andi
        Andi,
        Your 337 is very similar to my 315. Is the bedroom thermostat the same as the living room 'stat? If they are, consider swapping them to test the theory that the thermostat is the cause of the problem.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but take good pictures of the wiring before disconnecting anything! This thread may help: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Andi,
          Your 337 is very similar to my 315. Is the bedroom thermostat the same as the living room 'stat? If they are, consider swapping them to test the theory that the thermostat is the cause of the problem.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but take good pictures of the wiring before disconnecting anything! This thread may help: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts

Howard
          No, the bedroom stat only controls the 2nd AC, doesn't run heat. Good idea though.

Thanks for the documentation on moving yours, that will come in handy.

Andi
          Andi
          Brookings SD
          2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

We THINK we finally have this problem resolved!!

It turns out three wires in the thermo. had small nicks in the insulation. One of those wires was for the furnace fan, another was 12+ and can't remember the third one. Rudy covered the nicks with electrical tape, and fingers crossed, we have not had the issue again!!

Not sure why neither the mobile tech nor the dealership saw this. But hopefull this solved our problem.

Andi
            Andi
            Brookings SD
            2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Andi View Post
              We THINK we finally have this problem resolved!!

It turns out three wires in the thermo. had small nicks in the insulation. One of those wires was for the furnace fan, another was 12+ and can't remember the third one. Rudy covered the nicks with electrical tape, and fingers crossed, we have not had the issue again!!

Not sure why neither the mobile tech nor the dealership saw this. But hopefull this solved our problem.

Andi
              Sweet - glad you found it.
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
              X