Furnace blower in the 390 RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace blower in the 390 RK

So my wife and I finally took the plunge and purchased a 2020 390RK. We traded in our 2016 keystone bullet premier because we are going full time and the bullet wouldn’t last in the Canadian winters. We love the space both inside and out, it’s a wonderful unit and will be our permanent home for the next few years at least.

The one problem we are having with it is the furnace doesn’t feel like it’s blowing much at all. You can stand a foot away from any heat register and you can barely feel any air blowing. The furnace works but I’m wondering if the blower just isn’t pushing out the heat like it’s supposed to.

In our bullet when the heater turned on you could easily feel the heat blowing at you. And yes I know this is a lot bigger of a trailer with more space to heat but I still feel something isn’t quite right. Because our first night in it the heater was on all night and the trailer still wasn’t warm especially up in the bedroom.

Is there something I’m missing? Did I forget to turn something on? Or is there a way to increase the power in the blower so we can actually heat up our trailer?

Hello CrazyC and welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum!

Based on where your furnace is located, I *think* if you unscrew the panel shown in the picture below you'll have a good view of the furnace and the hoses connected to it. If none of your heater outlets have any significant output it may be that the main output hose(s) are disconnected or loose. Worth a look? All you need is a square-bit ("Robertson") and there are likely about six screws holding that panel in place.

I don't know what is on the other side but there may be a panel around the corner (curb side) that will provide an even better view of the furnace and water heater.

Lots of Solitude owners on this forum, so you may want to wait a bit until they chime in as I could be wrong.

-Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	16027
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

CrazyC -- I also moved this to the "HVAC" channel on the Technical Forum side so more folks see it.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        CrazyC -- I also moved this to the "HVAC" channel on the Technical Forum side so more folks see it.
        Thanks Howard I’ll take a look under there and see what I can find

Comment

Working...
        X