Toy hauler garage heat 381m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy hauler garage heat 381m

Anything i can do to improve the heating in the garage area?
    We leave the door open during the nights to help but it steel seams to never heat up as much as the kitchen/living area.
    2019 Momentum 381-M Class
    2017 Ram 2500 Long Bed SRW

Originally posted by tclem177 View Post
    Anything i can do to improve the heating in the garage area?
    We leave the door open during the nights to help but it steel seams to never heat up as much as the kitchen/living area.
    The basic issue is the distance from the garage to the furnace coupled with the fact there's only one heat register in that space. I could try and describe what I'm seeing in an (older) HVAC plan, but it would be much easier if you get a copy for yourself so you can see. I requested a copy for you at the end of this post.

Once you can "see" the issue, the way to try and increase the airflow back to the rear register is by damping the output of the registers closer to the furnace. Below is one example that will work in the 4 inch round registers (and it comes in multiple colors):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Damper.JPG
Views:	649
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	16644

Obviously this type of damper won't help with the 2x10 floor registers (there's two, I think, at the end of your island). For those you'll have to do some research.

-Howard

GDRV-Megan -- will you please send tclem177 an HVAC Plan via Private Message for their 381M? VIN is in their profile.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We and some others we've talked to use a small electric heater in the garage area to supplement the furnace. We place our heater in the half-bath to make sure water lines don't freeze in cold weather. Make sure that the wattage on the heater doesn't exceed what is available for the circuit feeding the garage.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

thanks for the tips!
        2019 Momentum 381-M Class
        2017 Ram 2500 Long Bed SRW

Comment

We use an electric heater in our 381 garage. It works well. I try to limit our furnace use since we usually stay at parks with 50 amp.
          2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
          2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Comment

Working...
          X