Main A/C cooling circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main A/C cooling circuit

The main (center heat pump) a/c compressor doesn't come on when calling for cooling. After troubleshooting the problem I found the thermostat was calling for cooling but the yellow wire was connected to a gray wire (in the roof unit) and goes down inside the ceiling and another gray wire coming back hooked to the Y connection. The wire coming back doesn't have power on it calling for the compressor to come on. Anyone know where these wires are going or what the issue could be? Thanks

Originally posted by Jeff Barrett View Post
    The main (center heat pump) a/c compressor doesn't come on when calling for cooling. After troubleshooting the problem I found the thermostat was calling for cooling but the yellow wire was connected to a gray wire (in the roof unit) and goes down inside the ceiling and another gray wire coming back hooked to the Y connection. The wire coming back doesn't have power on it calling for the compressor to come on. Anyone know where these wires are going or what the issue could be? Thanks
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Jeff.

What year and model Grand Design do you own? What make and model a/c unit?

Howard

P.S. Hopefully someone else will chime in after you provide the info--I'll be out and about for most of the day. (Too nice not to go for a ride on the motorcycle.)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard.
      It is a 2018 376th and has the Mach 15 unit.

Comment

Working...
      X