2019 Reflection 29RS Heat Vent Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Reflection 29RS Heat Vent Problem

We were dry camping in the Rocky Mountain National Park June 2019. At night the temperature dropped to the 40s. When the Furnace came on the heat blasted from the bedroom and barely came out in the livingroom.
    Any one else having this issue, and are there any solutions.
    Lloyd & Sandy
    2019 Reflection 29RS - 2004 Ram 4X4 - 5.9 Cummins - Reese 16K Slider Hitch

Originally posted by lloydt View Post
    We were dry camping in the Rocky Mountain National Park June 2019. At night the temperature dropped to the 40s. When the Furnace came on the heat blasted from the bedroom and barely came out in the livingroom.
    Any one else having this issue, and are there any solutions.
    I'm guessing the flex air duct(s) coming from the heater to the living room is obstructed. In my 315RLTS the duct and vent is at the base of the kitchen island. During the PDI I identified that the foil in the vent was blocking the vent. The dealer took the cover off and put everything where it belonged. It is also possible that a air duct has come loose, but given your original description I think a blockage is more likely.

Either way it will take troubleshooting to find where the blockage is and what it will take to alleviate the issue.

Good luck--and let us know what you find.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

In ours under the island there are vents out 2 sides and 1 end. I removed these and had to reach in the small space to fix the duct work. It is a tight space and hard to work in but this did help.
      Behind the false wall in the pass thru you can see the duct work attached to the heater, check this are as well.

Brian

Also welcome to the group from another 29RS owner.
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have done both of those items and it helped slightly with air flow to the island, but it still is cold in the main coach, removed the diffusers in the island and taped up the gaps, reached in and tried to straighten the duting to the island, and crawled into the locker to repair the ductwork at the furnace. Short of dropping the pan, don't know what else to do..Any suggestions here on the thread I posted would help

Comment

Originally posted by J Motley View Post
          I have done both of those items and it helped slightly with air flow to the island, but it still is cold in the main coach, removed the diffusers in the island and taped up the gaps, reached in and tried to straighten the duting to the island, and crawled into the locker to repair the ductwork at the furnace. Short of dropping the pan, don't know what else to do..Any suggestions here on the thread I posted would help
          J Motley - I responded to your thread. Hopefully, that might help.

howson Country Campers Cate&Rob - When we were at the factory, they showed us those adjustable heat vents. I wonder if using those might help with airflow direction. Do any of you remember the part number?

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by J Motley View Post
            Two other areas that I have noticed. The small heat vent in the bathroom is directly connected to the solid duct work track that feeds the bedroom and also the pass thru storage area. The heat is blown up into the cabinet and then is expected to come out of the small vent. There is a lot of heat loss in this area , I have only thought of blocking this off and allow heat to filter from the bedroom. I have also thought of a register that could be adjusted to stop some air flow in the bedroom. This are sold at the local stores , home depot , lowes or such. There are two screws that hold this in place , remove it and take it with you to get a close size.
            The only problem with blocking some of the heat is this will force more heat out of the easier path ways. I would suspect that it may come out of the small vent in the pass thru. If there is a kink in the flex line that feeds the island then trying to force more air back there may not help but may get you thru the winter. If at some point you could drop the coroplast or pan as you call it this may yield a better result. You will then be able to fix or even change the routing to better serve the back living area of the coach.
            The use of the flexible duct work is unfortunate. If the piece is to long or gets kinked in the build process then it is pretty much useless.
            I wish I had an easy fix but I do not , add an electric heater or use the fire place would be the only easy thing I can think of but electric use may not be an option.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

J Motley - I responded to your thread. Hopefully, that might help.

howson Country Campers Cate&Rob - When we were at the factory, they showed us those adjustable heat vents. I wonder if using those might help with airflow direction. Do any of you remember the part number?

Jim
              J Motley -- see this thread in response to Jim's suggestion about the heat vent: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...rnace-s-output
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks. I am convinced the flexible duct they use should be larger going to the Island. Our previous camper was smaller and had two inline registers about 6 feet apart in the main part of the living area and a very small one going to the bedroom.
                Lloyd & Sandy
                2019 Reflection 29RS - 2004 Ram 4X4 - 5.9 Cummins - Reese 16K Slider Hitch

Comment

Working...
                X