Air Cond Blowing Outside Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Cond Blowing Outside Air

Hello GDRV Owners! We are proud new owners of a 2021 247BH - we are on our first trip it’s a bit warm today. Electricity, 30 amp, is plugged in the blue lights on - our air conditioner unit is on cool setting and the fans on auto high and no cold air is coming out just outdoor air. Any ideas?

Originally posted by marktitcomb View Post
    Hello GDRV Owners! We are proud new owners of a 2021 247BH - we are on our first trip it’s a bit warm today. Electricity, 30 amp, is plugged in the blue lights on - our air conditioner unit is on cool setting and the fans on auto high and no cold air is coming out just outdoor air. Any ideas?
    Not sure what make your AC is. I always run my AC with the fan set to Auto. Hi/Lo fan speed only seems to work once the RV is down to set temp. Let us know if this helps.
    Steve
    2018 Reflection 303
    2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
    Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by marktitcomb View Post
      Welcome to the Technical Forum, Mark. I moved your post to it's own thread.

Based on what I can see on Grand Design's parts website (link on menu bar) you've got either a Coleman 13.5k or 15k unit. Does the thermostat look like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermostat.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	19519

While this is not the same as in my 315RLTS, its operation looks fairly basic.

The manual for the thermostat is here: https://www.airxcel.com/DesktopModul...df/1976190.pdf

On the last page this operation chart--it doesn't appear that the fan setting makes a difference (to get the compressor to run):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Operation.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	19520

Do you have any way of verifying the voltage level coming in from the campground pedestal? Maybe there's not enough "umph" to get the compressor going. (Pure conjecture on my part--I'll leave further diagnosis to those more qualified than me!)

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X