AC TStat Question, Reset after power failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC TStat Question, Reset after power failure

We left the coach this AM to come home, will return in about 3 weeks. Set both AC T Stats to High Cool/Auto with temp setting at 78F. After I locked up the rig and was ready to leave, I remembered that I wanted to unplug power cord to re-route it better before leaving. So, breaker off, unplug, reposition cord, plug in, breaker on.

Left and after we got 3 hours down the road (we live 6 hours away) I then wondered ....Duh....did interrupting power cause the T stats to reset to some default or did they go back to my last setting??

Anyone know?
    2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Originally posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    We left the coach this AM to come home, will return in about 3 weeks. Set both AC T Stats to High Cool/Auto with temp setting at 78F. After I locked up the rig and was ready to leave, I remembered that I wanted to unplug power cord to re-route it better before leaving. So, breaker off, unplug, reposition cord, plug in, breaker on.

Left and after we got 3 hours down the road (we live 6 hours away) I then wondered ....Duh....did interrupting power cause the T stats to reset to some default or did they go back to my last setting??

Anyone know?
    Do you have separate controls for your Coleman air conditioners or do you have the One Control? *If* it's like mine (with the separate controls for the Coleman air conditioners) the thermostats are powered by 12V. As long as you didn't turn off the battery disconnect they *should* retain their settings regardless of the 120V power status. I can verify by doing a quick test on my camper in the morning if you have the separate controls and need to know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	384 Control.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2047
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Do you have separate controls for your Coleman air conditioners or do you have the One Control? *If* it's like mine (with the separate controls for the Coleman air conditioners) the thermostats are powered by 12V. As long as you didn't turn off the battery disconnect they *should* retain their settings regardless of the 120V power status. I can verify by doing a quick test on my camper in the morning if you have the separate controls and need to know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	384 Control.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2047
      Yes we have two separate T stats. One in living area controls AC and heat, one in bedroom AC only. I did not shut off any 12V power so suspect they retained their settings. If doing a test to confirm is not too much trouble for you, it would certainly ease my mind. Thanks.
      2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyRVA View Post

Yes we have two separate T stats. One in living area controls AC and heat, one in bedroom AC only. I did not shut off any 12V power so suspect they retained their settings. If doing a test to confirm is not too much trouble for you, it would certainly ease my mind. Thanks.
        Worked exactly as I expected.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I thank you for providing that info. Now I won't fret about getting back to a trailer where everything inside has been cooked

Even with a setting of 78, I suspect the AC units will run pretty constant during the day. I did see on AirXcel's website that they now offer a Bluetooth version of our T stats that will let you monitor and control the t-stat via your smartphone. I plan to check into that feature.
          2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Comment

Working...
          X