Front AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front AC

My front AC unit turns on and off quite frequently where the rear AC runs as normal. It turns on about every 2-3 minutes and turns off after about a minute. Both the front and rear thermostats are set to the same temperature.Is this normal ??

Originally posted by Adedeluk View Post
    My front AC unit turns on and off quite frequently where the rear AC runs as normal. It turns on about every 2-3 minutes and turns off after about a minute. Both the front and rear thermostats are set to the same temperature.Is this normal ??
    The room the front AC is in is a or smaller, so the swing is faster in there even though they are ducted together. I usually set my bedroom cooler during the day and living room cooler at night so the “heavy lifting” is done in the room I’m not in for noise.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Adedeluk View Post
      Check out the orientation of the vents in the bedroom ceiling, and the state of the vents on the air conditioner itself, to ensure that they are not blowing cold air onto the wall near the bedroom thermostat.

In our trailer the rear vent on the air conditioner blew directly towards the thermostat so I closed it completely; the A/C now blows only forward. I swiveled ceiling vents around so that they too are blowing elsewhere in the room.

Problem solved. The thermostat is now the last area to get cooled, A/C does longer on/off cycles, and the room gets well-cooled.

Hope it's that simple for you.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Check out the orientation of the vents in the bedroom ceiling, and the state of the vents on the air conditioner itself, to ensure that they are not blowing cold air onto the wall near the bedroom thermostat.

In our trailer the rear vent on the air conditioner blew directly towards the thermostat so I closed it completely; the A/C now blows only forward. I swiveled ceiling vents around so that they too are blowing elsewhere in the room.

Problem solved. The thermostat is now the last area to get cooled, A/C does longer on/off cycles, and the room gets well-cooled.

Hope it's that simple for you.
        I have the rear slide vent (facing the thermostat) closed along with the round vents in the ceiling. The front slide vent is open, this way most of the cooler air goes into the ducting. SWMBO works from the forward facing kitchen bar and with the rear A/C about 5 feet behind her head, it makes video meetings and conference calls difficult and she often turns it off. The plan is to follow the lead of Getaway Couple and replace a sofa with two desks and move her work space to one of the living room slides. I sleep during the day and try to leave the door open to help cool the rest of the home.

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X