Furnace troubleshooting -thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace troubleshooting -thermostat

We just returned from using our Grand Design 2020 29 RS for the third time. We could not get our furnace to work at all on our trip. When I would set the thermostat to “heat” mode it would just flash and not kick the furnace on. It I turned it up to 75 degrees it would kick on for awhile (was trying to maintain temperature about 68 degrees at night) it would not turn on at that temperature at all - got down to 46 degrees in the camper. Propane was turned on and I removed the thermostat from the wall to check for any loose wires and all seemed to be okay. Any suggestions? I would prefer to troubleshoot on my own and not have to take it to the dealer. Could it be I need to replace the thermostat? Any help would be much appreciated!
    Brian & Teri (plus the “boys” Ripley & Ruger, our yorkies)
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Originally posted by BrianCriss View Post
    We just returned from using our Grand Design 2020 29 RS for the third time. We could not get our furnace to work at all on our trip. When I would set the thermostat to “heat” mode it would just flash and not kick the furnace on. It I turned it up to 75 degrees it would kick on for awhile (was trying to maintain temperature about 68 degrees at night) it would not turn on at that temperature at all - got down to 46 degrees in the camper. Propane was turned on and I removed the thermostat from the wall to check for any loose wires and all seemed to be okay. Any suggestions? I would prefer to troubleshoot on my own and not have to take it to the dealer. Could it be I need to replace the thermostat? Any help would be much appreciated!
    If it’s coming on at all Then the problem is probably not in the thermostat, but in the furnace itself. Do you have a meter? What furnace do you have? Probably a suburban or Atwood.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by BrianCriss View Post
      Brian--have you seen this thread? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...roubleshooting
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X