Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water dumps from a/c vent after shutdown

Hey all,
    I have a 2019 367 bhs with an Airxcel 48000 series Mach 15 a/c unit in the main living room for the last two days I ran it all day like usual and I shut it down for a bit at night and use the bedroom a/c. When I shut it down about 1/4 cup of water comes out of the cold air side of the vents. Any clue why this might be happening? I am in south florida and it's always hot but I always keep the door closed and keep the temps down low at about 70. Thanks.

Originally posted by Rodriguez367BHS View Post
    Hey all,
    I have a 2019 367 bhs with an Airxcel 48000 series Mach 15 a/c unit in the main living room for the last two days I ran it all day like usual and I shut it down for a bit at night and use the bedroom a/c. When I shut it down about 1/4 cup of water comes out of the cold air side of the vents. Any clue why this might be happening? I am in south florida and it's always hot but I always keep the door closed and keep the temps down low at about 70. Thanks.
    Check your bolts that hold down the unit. The water the A/C pulls out of the air is supposed to get sent up to the roof where it drains off the side, but if there’s a problem with the gasket between the unit and the roof that water could leak back into the unit. On the inside revive the cover and you should see four bolts in the corners that hold the unit down. Make sure they’re tight, they compress the gasket and ensure a good seal. If they’re tight, you’ll probably need to pull the unit off the roof and check the gasket.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hey all,
      Welcome to our owner's technical forum!

x2 on Neil's advice in post 2, to snug up the bolts . . . go gently, you just need to softly compress the foam gasket. Also, check the drain holes in the outside AC base pan on the roof. The fan air pressure is holding back the water and when you shut off the AC, the condensation water finds a path to the interior. This water should be draining out onto the roof.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hey all,
        Chad (Changing Lanes) has an excellent video that might help:

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X