Dometic AC Fan Shuts Down for 2-3 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic AC Fan Shuts Down for 2-3 seconds

This is probably unrelated but my Dometic AC fan will shut down for about 2-3 seconds shortly after initial startup ( 20 minutes or so). I can hear the compressor running at the same time, then the fan will come back on at a lower speed. Do these units have recirculation mode when they need to cool down quickly? Or a high speed fan mode for initial cool down?

Jim

Moderator note: This post was originally in the AC Power drops for 2 - 3 seconds then comes back on thread.
    Last edited by howson; 07-02-2020, 05:53 AM.

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    This is probably unrelated but my Dometic AC fan will shut down for about 2-3 seconds shortly after initial startup ( 20 minutes or so). I can hear the compressor running at the same time, then the fan will come back on at a lower speed. Do these units have recirculation mode when they need to cool down quickly? Or a high speed fan mode for initial cool down?

Jim
    The Dometic units switch from high to low speed fan when the temperature is within three degrees of the set point. This causes the fan to briefly stop and restart while the compressor continues running. Not a feature I love, but the only way to bypass it is to manually set the fan to low or high, but then it runs even when the a/c is off.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

The Dometic units switch from high to low speed fan when the temperature is within three degrees of the set point. This causes the fan to briefly stop and restart while the compressor continues running. Not a feature I love, but the only way to bypass it is to manually set the fan to low or high, but then it runs even when the a/c is off.
      ncitro ,

Thank you for the confirmation on the high speed cool down mode. I knew about the high speed manual fan mode but was not aware of a manual low speed mode.

Great info.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

ncitro ,

Thank you for the confirmation on the high speed cool down mode. I knew about the high speed manual fan mode but was not aware of a manual low speed mode.

Great info.

Jim
        No problem. I remember being worried about the noise when I got mine and looking it up in the book.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Guest and ncitro -- this is a good topic/info so I moved the posts to their own thread. This hopefully makes it easier for the search engine to find.

-Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X