No announcement yet.

310GK AC lost all high functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a little bit of progress on the AC unit. I removed the shroud on top and tested both capacitors and the fan motor capacitor failed the resistance test. I ordered a new one and installed it today. I was able to test the high fan function and it now works. I couldn't test the AC functions as I only have 15 amp power in the storage lot.

My assumption is that the fan capacitor should participate in both low and high functions. If so, it would seem more likely that moving all the wires around was more involved with making it work.

If anyone knows more about how the capacitor participates with high & low functions I would sure be interesting in learning about it.

We leave in a couple weeks for a trip which will allow me to test all AC functions. I'll post an update when I know more.

I appreciate all the input on this.

John

2017 F350 Diesel CC SB, 2017 Solitude 310GK

Comment

I am finally in a campsite where I can test everything on my main AC. I removed the interior shroud to test the wires. The wires on the interior unit are functioning as intended, but still no high speed functions.

However, I tapped on the control box with a screw driver and all my functions returned. I'm now convinced the relays on the control box are not consistently switching. My next plan is to order a new control box.

Attached is the diagram of the circuit board in the control unit. It's the relays on this drawing that has me convinced the relays are malfunctioning.

John

Click image for larger version  Name:	Coleman-Mach Control Diagram.png Views:	0 Size:	245.8 KB ID:	30479

Comment

Originally posted by AZYJ322 View Post
        My next plan is to order a new control box.

John
        Please post another update after the replacement. (A few pics on how you did it would be great, too, if that's possible. I suspect it's not too hard but haven't seen it done.)

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I will post an update with pictures.

Steve's comments in post 6 are exactly like mine only his were low mode and mine are high mode and like him just tapping the box makes it all of a sudden work. Makes me nervous that it will stay alive until I can replace it. His post really helped me in finding and accessing the control box.

John

Comment

Update. Replacing the control box fixed the issue I was experiencing. The control box is easy to access from the inside and is held in place with two wing nuts. Attached are a couple of pictures of the control box and the wires involved with the swap. I'm glad it wasn't something more serious.

Thanks for everyones help isolating this issue.

John
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X