Coleman Mach 15 ac wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Mach 15 ac wiring question

I’ve got unit installed into front bedroom. It was pre wired. Anyone that’s installed this unit, can you tell me how to connect the 12v portion? Does it somehow connect to the pins on the control board. I think I get everything else, but not the 12v. Manual is not helping me, and YouTube has failed me this time. Here’s two pics of what I have.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post
    I’ve got unit installed into front bedroom. It was pre wired. Anyone that’s installed this unit, can you tell me how to connect the 12v portion? Does it somehow connect to the pins on the control board. I think I get everything else, but not the 12v. Manual is not helping me, and YouTube has failed me this time. Here’s two pics of what I have.
    Steve,
    This was at https://wiringall.com/airxcel-thermo...g-diagram.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	No idea.JPG
Views:	6489
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	23326

No idea if it is accurate or applicable to your unit, though...
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Its been a little while since I did mine, but I think the 12v connection was only at the thermostat as howson shows. I think all of the ceiling connections were 120V. You will need to splice the 12v "lamp cord" in the ceiling with the appropriate wire in the bundle going to the thermostat.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I’ve got it running, but I have no control over it through the thermostat. I can change mode a bit, but can’t turn it off. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Its been a little while since I did mine, but I think the 12v connection was only at the thermostat as howson shows. I think all of the ceiling connections were 120V. You will need to splice the 12v "lamp cord" in the ceiling with the appropriate wire in the bundle going to the thermostat.
          Thanks! See below

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Steve,
            This was at https://wiringall.com/airxcel-thermo...g-diagram.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	No idea.JPG
Views:	6489
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	23326

No idea if it is accurate or applicable to your unit, though...
            Thanks Howson! Hit it running but can’t control via t stat. Have to turn off via circuit breaker.

Comment

Thanks Howson! Hit it running but can’t control via t stat. Have to turn off via circuit breaker.
              Which thermostat do you have?

Neil Citro

Comment

I had drawn mine up like this. Does it look right besides colors?
                Coleman-AirXcel HVAC.pdf
                Gene and Kim
                2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post

I had drawn mine up like this. Does it look right besides colors?
                  [ATTACH]n23350[/ATTACH]
                  Yes that looks correct. Okay so if you take the +12v wire off the thermostat, with the breaker on, nothing should run, and the thermostat should show nothing. Then you should be able to touch the +12v wire to low or high fan and they should come on. If that all works properly, but connected to the thermostat it runs all the time, you’ve got a problem in the thermostat. Off with the +12v wire off the thermostat, the unit still runs all the time you’ve got either a wiring problem or a control unit issue.

Neil Citro

Comment

Which thermostat do you have?
                    I have the AirXCEL digital. 9430 series. It is for cool and heat, but I don’t have the heat option in the ac. I was told to not use the heater wires. Here pics of the diagrams and how I hooked it up. I used the brown wire as the grey. I’m not sure I hooked up the wires to the correct pins on the rear of the thermostat.

Comment

Okay, with some help from another owner, I figured I screwed up. I had all the 12v+ wired together and connected to the control box. I corrected that by removing it from the control box. All works except the high modes. I’ll have to work on that another time. The trailer is cooling down quickly. Thanks.

Comment

Did some checking of low voltage wires today using multi meter. After plugging the high and low fan wires back in, everything began working properly. All is good!🤔

Comment

Working...
                        X