A/C Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Issue

Have a 2019 Transcend 28MKS. Not getting any air flow from A/C vents in bathroom or bedroom. Anyone else have this issue? Or know of a fix?
    2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
    2017 Chev Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2 Max Tow Package
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
    Have a 2019 Transcend 28MKS. Not getting any air flow from A/C vents in bathroom or bedroom. Anyone else have this issue? Or know of a fix?
    That sure sounds like a duct is either blocked or come undone. I'm not familiar with the Transcend duct work. Can you use a mirror and flashlight to see if anything is amiss?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The ductwork in your Transcend is not a "racetrack" like in many GD units. The ductwork goes forward in one path from the air conditioner and rearward from the air conditioner in another path. (See rough diagram below.)

In both paths there are three ceiling vents. The first vent going forward is right above the couch. Is air coming out of it? The second is in the bathroom. The third is the bedroom.

If no air is coming out of any vent in the forward path, the issue (as identified by TucsonJim ) is likely at or near the air conditioner connection. If air is coming from the first vent above the couch but not from the bathroom, something is blocking the path.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Path.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	23503

Let us know what you find!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have no air coming through the 3 vents in the forward path. Is this something I can fix, or do I need to bring it back to the dealer?
        2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
        Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

I have no air coming through the 3 vents in the forward path. Is this something I can fix, or do I need to bring it back to the dealer?
          If you’re comfortable then go for it. You’ll want to pull down the inside ceiling unit and look at where the duct attaches to the unit. If it has never worked, it could be the duct is blocked or taped off from assembly.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Of course you could watch the entire video, but if you start at about the 17:15 mark and watch how Chad takes his unit apart from the inside, it should give you an idea how to take a look yourself at what's going on. It may be a simple fix, but you'll have to look to figure that out.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

All who responded, thank you, thank you, thank you! Took the ceiling portion of the unit down and found that the foam board which is supposed to box in the chamber for air flow, was not properly in place to seal that compartment. Put it in place and now all vents have a good air flow. Love this forum! This saved me a trip back to the dealer for warranty work.
              2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
              Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

All who responded, thank you, thank you, thank you! Took the ceiling portion of the unit down and found that the foam board which is supposed to box in the chamber for air flow, was not properly in place to seal that compartment. Put it in place and now all vents have a good air flow. Love this forum! This saved me a trip back to the dealer for warranty work.
                Glad to hear it’s sorted out!

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                X