Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post

Maybe a little off track, but...
    I have a 2016 GD 303RLS. It has just the one AC in the living room. I am toying with the idea of putting a second AC in the bedroom. I am not sure if the 303RLS also put the ducting, wiring, and theromstat wire in my walls already. Anybody have this tidbit of information? I can deal with installing the unit if I know I have the duct and wires. I currently have a Dometic Brisk II 15000 unit. Would probably get a Dometic low profile one, the 13,500 model. The front of the trailer is much higher than the rear hence the low profile one.
    I’d recommend the Coleman over the Dometic. I had a Dometic main AC and I put the Coleman in my bedroom. It draws less power and runs quieter. I went with a a 15k unit so it could carry me in case my main died. I also did the heat pump model which is great and saves us propane if we have hookups.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

If you decide to go with this and have any mechanical ability do your homework and do it yourself . From my experience most dealers don't know how and it actually looks pretty simple .

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        If you decide to go with this and have any mechanical ability do your homework and do it yourself . From my experience most dealers don't know how and it actually looks pretty simple .
        Thanks for the feedback. I have both mechanical and electrical experience. This should be a piece of cake provided all the components are in place.

BTW, how does the bedroom light switch disconnect from the wall? Does it just pull out? Or is there a cover over some screws?
        Tony G
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
        2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
        KTM 250XC

Comment

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post

Thanks for the feedback. I have both mechanical and electrical experience. This should be a piece of cake provided all the components are in place.

BTW, how does the bedroom light switch disconnect from the wall? Does it just pull out? Or is there a cover over some screws?
          There is a trim piece that pops off the switch and two screws underneath.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'm picking up a new to me 2018 Reflection 320MKS tomorrow and I will need to add a second A/C unit to it. There is a great video on Youtube of someone doing the exact procedure and I would highly recommend it. The video matches what has been said here as to the thermostat wiring and shows you how to get to it. Here's the link to the YouTube video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2QBZDAVvw&t=3s

My question - Our previous camper thermostat could handle multiple zones so I had one thermostat controlling two A/C units. I liked that setup as opposed to having two thermostats and I would like to have this same setup with my Grand Design. Is that possible with the thermostat that comes standard with the Reflections? Or, would you say it's not going to buy me much to go to all of the hassle?

Thanks,
            Barry
            2018 Reflection 320MKS
            2006 Ford F-250
            B&W Companion Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by cottonakin View Post
              I'm picking up a new to me 2018 Reflection 320MKS tomorrow and I will need to add a second A/C unit to it. There is a great video on Youtube of someone doing the exact procedure and I would highly recommend it. The video matches what has been said here as to the thermostat wiring and shows you how to get to it. Here's the link to the YouTube video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2QBZDAVvw&t=3s

My question - Our previous camper thermostat could handle multiple zones so I had one thermostat controlling two A/C units. I liked that setup as opposed to having two thermostats and I would like to have this same setup with my Grand Design. Is that possible with the thermostat that comes standard with the Reflections? Or, would you say it's not going to buy me much to go to all of the hassle?

Thanks,
              No, the stock thermostat is single zone, and the rigs are setup for individual thermostats. I think it is done that way so they turn on and off based on the temp where they are located. As fas as I know the multi zone thermostats are used in rigs that run on 30 amps, and they keep both AC units from starting up at the same time. All the Grand Design units that are setup for 2 AC units are 50 amps, and do not have that problem.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
              X