Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RV Airflow System Installed in both Colemans ( 2019 315RLTS )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    Thanks to ncitro spending my money for me (kidding) I ordered two of RV Airflow's "Systems" for the Coleman Mach air conditioners in my Reflection 315RLTS. It is important to note that even though it is a 2019 (by VIN) by construction it is a 2018....
    WOW Thank you! I’m surprised you haven’t replaced your round OEM vent covers with the adjustable flap style which would give you even more operational flexibility.
    Last edited by howson; 08-07-2020, 07:19 PM.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

WOW Thank you! I’m surprised you haven’t replaced your round OEM vent covers with the adjustable flap style which would give you even more operational flexibility.
      Edited out all the pics in the quote in post 16 (make it easier to read your response).

I DID replace all the vent covers--right after you did yours. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...6086#post16086
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Edited out all the pics in the quote in post 16 (make it easier to read your response).

I DID replace all the vent covers--right after you did yours. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...6086#post16086
        Well, great! You have a much better memory than I do, but, that’s nothing to brag about 😂😂
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Cate&Rob and OffToHavasu -- I also do not understand the response in post 11. The RVAirflow has two "ramps" that direct airflow into both ducts of the racetrack. What keeps the non-RVAirflow setup from doing the same thing? The non-RVAirFlow design by GD is not configured to blow air in one direction only. I assumed the only result of having multiple RVAirflow systems is it would enhance what GD originally installed.

I tried contacting RVAirflow for their take on the issue but never got an answer on the phone. I sent them an email and I'm waiting for a response.

One more point: what about the scenario where I want to run the bedroom air conditioner only to reduce noise in the living room? Why do I not want the benefit of the additional airflow from the bedroom a/c through the camper when the living room is off? If the RVAirflow installed in the living room a/c "blocks" flow--so what? That means all the air coming out of the bedroom a/c is coming out of vents. A good result!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I want to clear a few things up. Please note, in post # 11... there was some info that was stated from our team that was incorrect.

We are installing only 1 (one) RV Airflow system, that is correct. Adding another is possible... but not covered under warranty. This would be considered an aftermarket addition.

NOW.... for the reason we are only installing one.

We wanted people to have the best of both worlds. With the Airflow system... it takes away the option of the dump feature. Some people like that feature. So to allow that feature to still be available.... we did not install on both AC's.

Me personally.... I have been incredibly thankful for that direct dump of cold air the last few days. WHOA has it been muggy... standing under that has been amazing after coming in from a long bike ride or walk.

So to sum it up.... YES you can add multiple units (aftermarket) and it will function fine. However it will take away that direct air dump. and NO.... we are only installing ONE at the factory level

PHEW!!

SO SORRY for the confusion. We here at GDRV are all on the same page now

Comment

I just installed this in my 2019 315RLTS and didn't have any of the issues that were reported above. I had no air leakage around the unit when I was done, it fit snugly against the gasket on top when I tightening the mounting bolts. My unit was about 5 decibels quieter after installation and the airflow is much improved.

I'm in a seasonal site that has no shade and in the past on a 87 degree day the trailer would be 77 or 78 inside. Yesterday at that outside temperature, the inside remained 74-75.

It was money well spent for me as I may not have a second unit installed.
              2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
              2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

We have a 2021 303RLS vin # 573FR3321M9907669 mfg i think in March 2020 would it have this device in it already ? Just wondering when they start putting them in ?
                2019 2500 RAM Laramie diesel 4x4 2021 303RLS vin 573FR3321M9907669

Comment

Originally posted by Harleybr56 View Post
                  We have a 2021 303RLS vin # 573FR3321M9907669 mfg i think in March 2020 would it have this device in it already ? Just wondering when they start putting them in ?
                  If I recall this was not installed until mid summer.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Harleybr56 View Post
                    An easy way to check is to open the "dump" levers on the (running) air conditioner in the living room. If air comes out of the air conditioner, it does not have the device. If there's no difference when the dump is opened or closed, an RV Airflow is installed.

Comment

This looks like a pretty nice mod. I think we may do this before the next South Texas summer arrives, we can use all the efficiency we can get.
                      Mike & Kristyn
                      '20 Imagine 2800BH
                      '19 F250 XLT 6.7 CC SB
                      ProPride 3p 1400

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG90 View Post
                        This looks like a pretty nice mod. I think we may do this before the next South Texas summer arrives, we can use all the efficiency we can get.
                        You might consider just doing the living room (if you have two air conditioners). Truthfully--I miss the "dump" feature in the bedroom a/c. It would be an improvement in the design if the component allowed the retention of the dump feature.

Comment

You might consider just doing the living room (if you have two air conditioners). Truthfully--I miss the "dump" feature in the bedroom a/c. It would be an improvement in the design if the component allowed the retention of the dump feature.
                          But if the airflow is increased as much as 40%, is the dump feature really needed?
                          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                          2020 Momentum 351M
                          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post

But if the airflow is increased as much as 40%, is the dump feature really needed?
                            I think the trick is when its really super hot, the ceiling space the ducted air runs in warms the air some, so even with a 40% improvement its nice to run the dump when we first get to a site when the rig is roasting inside.

That said I do not have one, so I am just guessing.

Neil Citro
                            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post

With the RV Airflow installed and the bedroom a/c running, air runs through the entire "loop" and, of course, exits out of any vents in the trailer. When using the "dump" feature (without an RV Airflow installed) only the bedroom is getting a/c. I'd like to have that option.

Now that I have (and used) the RV Airflow system, I think GD has it right--install the device in the living room a/c but not in the bedroom. Unfortunately I tossed the components to the bedroom a/c so can't reconfigure to test. (That was dumb, in retrospect.) :(

Comment

With the RV Airflow installed and the bedroom a/c running, air runs through the entire "loop" and, of course, exits out of any vents in the trailer. When using the "dump" feature (without an RV Airflow installed) only the bedroom is getting a/c. I'd like to have that option.

Now that I have (and used) the RV Airflow system, I think GD has it right--install the device in the living room a/c but not in the bedroom. Unfortunately I tossed the components to the bedroom a/c so can't reconfigure to test. (That was dumb, in retrospect.) :(
                                Thats interesting, I find when I want to use the center dump it is always in the living room. When I first get somewhere I guess its the space I want cooled first.

Neil Citro
                                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                                X