Coleman Mach 15k vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Mach 15k vents

While reading at the Airexcel website I read about closing the side vents in order to redirect more air to the exit / supply vents throughout the rv. I didn’t see any precautions or anything potentially harmful about doing this as I suspected, since it seems if that could cause any problems, it wouldn’t have been designed that way. However a few weeks back I was reading here (too far back to quote specifics or names) on same topic and a few comments and suggestions were made that recommend to not close the side (fore and aft actually) sliding vents for any lengthy period of time. Was not successful in finding the original conversation or I’d be happy to add that info. All inputs / thoughts appreciated.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Dave I don’t know why it would make a difference the cold air comes down and hits an air shower. Iff the vents are open it goes out and virtually none of the air goes into the duct work if they are closed it goes into the duct work. If you check out RV Airflow Systems https://rvairflow.com they have a system that diverts the air into the duct work and eliminates the use of the sliding vents. I believe .howson just did this mod.
    Dave and Susan
    Imagine 2250RK
    2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by S&D's Immy View Post
      Dave I don’t know why it would make a difference the cold air comes down and hits an air shower. Iff the vents are open it goes out and virtually none of the air goes into the duct work if they are closed it goes into the duct work. If you check out RV Airflow Systems https://rvairflow.com they have a system that diverts the air into the duct work and eliminates the use of the sliding vents. I believe .howson just did this mod.
      I see Dave, I’ll check out that link. Currently when my sliding vents are open I still get a significant amount of flow from the 5 round vents throughout the rv. I have replaced the OEM round vent covers with the aftermarket style that both swivel 360 and “fold” open and close which makes them FAR more versatile than the OEM ones. Thanks again, I’ll ck out the link. Do I see you’re pulling the 2250RK with a Ranger? Is that working out ok?
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

I see Dave, I’ll check out that link. Currently when my sliding vents are open I still get a significant amount of flow from the 5 round vents throughout the rv. I have replaced the OEM round vent covers with the aftermarket style that both swivel 360 and “fold” open and close which makes them FAR more versatile than the OEM ones. Thanks again, I’ll ck out the link. Do I see you’re pulling the 2250RK with a Ranger? Is that working out ok?
        My understanding is the opposite is true. I have always been told that if you keep the dump valves open too long the unit can freeze up. I only open mine initially to cool the rig down then I keep them closed.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

It has been great no issues and the Ranger has performed well. Gas milage sucks, but that is to be expected, and the gas tank is too small. It was a bit of a white knuckler in some pretty stiff winds cross winds 20 sustained and 30+ gusts. We don’t go on long jaunts or climb mountains.

The 2250RK has performed flawlessly other than the exception of a stuck rear gray tank valve that was replaced by the dealer. I have done a few mods dimmer switch, hose/cord hangers in the storage bay,etc. but nothing major.
          Dave and Susan
          Imagine 2250RK
          2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by S&D's Immy View Post
            It has been great no issues and the Ranger has performed well. Gas milage sucks, but that is to be expected, and the gas tank is too small. It was a bit of a white knuckler in some pretty stiff winds cross winds 20 sustained and 30+ gusts. We don’t go on long jaunts or climb mountains.

The 2250RK has performed flawlessly other than the exception of a stuck rear gray tank valve that was replaced by the dealer. I have done a few mods dimmer switch, hose/cord hangers in the storage bay,etc. but nothing major.
            Travel safe!
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

My understanding is the opposite is true. I have always been told that if you keep the dump valves open too long the unit can freeze up. I only open mine initially to cool the rig down then I keep them closed.
              Thanks for the input Neil. We’ve been operating ours 95+% of the time for 10 months with the dump slides open and haven’t had any issues at all, however your explanation / operating practice does make sense. Maybe we will get some more folks to chime in.
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

During our PDI walk through, we were told the same as Neil stated.
                Jody & Lora
                2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE, built 3/2020
                2019 F150 XLT, FX4, 3.5 EB w/Max tow, CC, SB

Comment

We have the same unit in our 2600rb. I mostly keep those vents open and still get good flow coming out the duct vents. Never had a freeze up problem. We will close the sliding vent pointed towards the kitchen when cooking inside. The air coming out that slider disrupts the air over the stove making our vent hood less effective at removing air/steam/smoke. And Mrs skreef doesn't like standing in the kitchen getting blasted by that vent.
                  Charles and Susan
                  2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                  Andersen Hitch
                  2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
                  X